60

"And, like, another thing," Hoseok continued, making poses for the camera. "You should like, totes invest in deodorant."

Dr. Ji knew it was all over.

Everything he had worked so hard for was all going to be torn down on the same day he had finally achieved it.

"You should see if they have an anti loser scent." Hoseok pursed his lips out for the camera and flashed a peace sign to the viewers. "To try and mask that stench of failure around you."

He was so close.

He had been so close.

All the breakthroughs he was going to go down in history for was ruined by a bunch of gay teenagers who couldn't mind their own damn business.

With a growl, the doctor knew what he had to do.

"Like, also, get new carpet. This shit is grandma chic. This isn't the 1950's anymore, even if that's when you were born, you gross old fuck- ah!"

Dr. Ji grabbed the boy by his hair, knocking the phone to the floor. "I won't let a brat like you destroy all that I've worked for." He stomped on the phone, breaking it.

Hoseok winced in pain, trying to yank himself free as the doctor dragged him by his hair down a dark hallway.

"Evacuate all the staff, leave the patients." He ordered a passing nurse, who looked confused and shocked. "And initiate plan B. Tell everyone."

She nodded and raced off, and Hoseok got a bad feeling.

"It's over," he told the doctor. "Just let everyone go and turn yourself in. It's all you can do now."

The doctor chuckled. "You don't know everything, brat. I've still got something up my sleeve."

An alarm suddenly blared overheard- the white fluorescent lights turning red.

"I've dedicated my whole life to this." He muttered, stopping in front of a door. A small camera scanned his eye, opening the door to let them in. "I'm not giving it up without a fight."

It was a small and looked like a boiler room. A few large tanks of fuel that powered the building sat against one wall, while the breakers lined another wall. A computer sat off to the side.

He threw Hoseok inside and walked over to the computer.

Hoseok quickly pressed his hand over the ear piece, scrambling to get up. "Everyone- get out! Now! He's going to blow-"

"Shut up." Dr. Ji snarled, kicking him.

The air was forcefully expelled from his lungs and Hoseok was knocked back down, the ear piece falling to the floor.

The doctor picked it up and crushed it with his hand. "Hm, so your little brat act was just that, wasn't it? Well I hope you had fun, because that was the last thing you're ever going to get to do in this life."

Hoseok saw the fist swinging at him- and then he saw nothing but darkness.

-

"Hobi?" Seokjin stopped running, pressing his hand tightly over the ear piece. "Hobi? Where are you?"

Jeongguk's voice crackled over the device. "We need to get everyone out- the doctor is going to blow the place up. Taehyung, where are you?"

"Back entrance. All the staff is fleeing, they're leaving the patients locked in their rooms!" Taehyung struggled to open a locked patient's door, three levels below where Seokjin was. "I can't open this! The staff have all the keys!"