34

Jeongguk hid behind some bushes in the front of the lawn while Jungkook raced up the front steps.

He just wanted a glimpse of his parents before going back to the hotel. He had missed everyone while he had been away.

Before Jungkook could even open the door, however, it opened for him and his parents stood there, looking upset and disappointed.

"Ah- wha- mom, dad?" Jungkook blinked.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" His mother glared, arms crossed.

Both Jungkook's winced at her tone.

"I know, I'm sorry, I just lost track of time." Jungkook said, which was true.

"Doing what?" His father demanded.

Jungkook hesitated, because what was he supposed to say?

"You're missing school, you're always gone God knows where, you're keeping secrets from us, you stole from me," his dad shook his head. "What the hell is going on?"

"I-I'm sorry..." Jungkook looked at the ground. "It's just...complicated."

"Is this a mental thing? You were talking weird earlier, asking about a Yoonie and saying you were already graduated." His mother put in. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook gasped. "What- do you think I'm suddenly crazy?"

Their stern silence was an answer in itself.

"What the- mom! Dad! I'm fine! I'm just..." he faltered. Saying I'm just your son from a different dimension where I date my teacher and the whole class and one of his alters clicked a magical link that sent me here where I have a doppelganger and now I'm planning to break into an FBI run mental asylum would just further confirm for his parents that he was insane.

His dad sighed deeply. "We didn't want to have to do this, Kook. But your actions lately have left us no choice."

Jungkook was confused, but before he could ask what he meant, the sound of tires pulling up caught both Jungkook's attention.

A van parked in their driveway.

S.K.M.A was written in bold letters across the top.

And Jungkook froze.

"They'll help you, Googie." His mother wiped her eyes. "It's for your own good."

And Jeongguk, still hiding behind the bush, could only watch in helpless horror as his twin was aggressively forced inside the dark van, subjected to the same fate as Yoongi and all the alters.