43

.Jungkook followed the nurse down the hall, not really paying attention as she talked.

He noticed a lot of people in white robes like himself just milling around. A few had nurses with them, but most were on their own.

There weren't any people in gray robes walking about, and Jungkook wondered if gray robed people were considered too dangerous to be left alone. Maybe that was why the two guards had stayed in the room with Namjoon, who was also in gray.

He snapped back to attention as she climbed a flight of stairs, explaining where the cafeteria was.

"What's on the top floor?" He asked, noticing a small map on the wall.

"Hm? Oh, that's our therapy departments." She said. "The ground floor is administration and dorms, cafeteria is floor two, and floors three to six are for therapy sessions. The top two floors are our business floors, where meetings are held."

Jungkook frowned as he followed her. He knew he could easily overpower her and run, but he would surely be caught by an orderly before he could make it too far, and he didn't want to lose his white robe privileges.

Besides, where would he even run? He had no idea where he was going, and he didn't want to leave.

Not without Yoongi and Namjoon.

Would Yoongi be in a therapy room then? The doctor had said the teacher was like Jungkook, so was he in a white robe too? He didn't think the gray robed people got therapy, they probably just got medication and stayed locked in their cells all day.

"Can we tour the therapy rooms?" He asked politely.

She nodded, leading the way, talking about how their process worked.

Jungkook didn't pay any attention, just kept an eye out for Yoongi.

After poking into every room, though, there was no sign of the tiny teacher, or any indication he had ever been in this building, but Jungkook knew he was here.

They got back into an elevator and Jungkook took a careful look at all the buttons.

"There's a basement?" His eyes widened.

"Oh, yes. That's just for storage." She shrugged.

They both knew she was lying.

He made to press the button but it didn't light up, and the elevator stopped on the ground floor.

"You need a key to access the basement." She informed him.

"Why would you need a key to access a place that is just for storage?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow at her.

She flushed, looking away as she stammered excuses.

Jungkook looked her over, seeing how she was clearly nervous being around him, and since she didn't consider him a threat since he was in white, she must be nervous because she liked him.

He decided to use that to his advantage.

He slid up next to her, resting his hand on her arm.

"Can you please take me to the basement?" He whispered, making sure his breath tickled her hair- sending goosebumps up her arms.

"Wh-why do you want to go th-there?" She stuttered, eyes wide, heart pounding.

"We both know who's in the basement." He said, voice deep as he blocked her in the corner of the elevator.

She caught her breath at the action, staring with large doe eyes at Jungkook.

He reached out to tuck her hair behind her ear. "Please, Ms. Hyo. I won't tell anyone. I just want to say hi. You probably know his relationship to me. I just want to see him, I won't run or fight, you can trust me."

She stammered some more, saying how she couldn't, she would get fired and Jungkook would get in trouble, and he was dangerous- the most dangerous patient in here, in fact-

-but then Jungkook kissed her cheek and she was sold, sliding her key card against a sensor on the elevator.

Jungkook pressed the basement button again, and the elevator descended.

-

It stopped, and the doors slid open.

Jungkook peered out, seeing a dark hallway. It was lit by only a few lights, gradually getting further and further into the distance until the horizon ended in a black dot.

Hyo bit her lip, refusing to get out of the elevator. "I can give you ten minutes tops. Just keep going straight, he's at the room at the end of the hall. The code is 28602-740313."

He shot her a smile and a wink. "Thank you."

She blushed, rubbing her cheek where he had kissed her.

Jungkook faced the dark, silent hallway again, heart pounding at finally seeing Yoongi again.

He took off running.

-

28602-740313. 28602-740313. 28602-740313.

The hallway was long, and his footsteps echoed off the tiled floor.

He came to a slow halt, seeing a steel door with no handle or window on it. A keypad was installed on the wall next to it.

28602-740313.

He punched the code in, and the door slowly rolled back, exposing a dark, small room.

Jungkook stepped cautiously inside. "Yoongi?"

The door shut behind him with a hiss, showing it had locked itself again. Airtight. No sound would escape these four walls.

"Yoongi?" Jungkook called a little louder. "Are you there? It's me- it's Jungkook."

He saw a faint red light and walked a little further in. It came from the ceiling, casting a dark red glow on the only thing in the room-a small, steel cage.

Jungkook's breath caught in throat, seeing the person chained up inside.

"Agust."