38

Hoseok hurried to answer the door.

Two agents stood there, a man and a woman, who each looked like they knew how to kill someone in a hundred different ways. They had on dark suits that matched the dark van parked in the drive, and their expressions somehow looked angry and neutral at the same time.

Behind them stood two white robed orderlies, who looked buff and strong with just having their arms crossed in front of them.

Hoseok was immediately intimidated.

Don't be, he told himself. They're here for Namjoon, not you.

"Jung Hoseok?" The male agent held up a badge. "S.K.M.A. We're here to collect Mr. Kim Namjoon as per your request to have him treated."

Hoseok nodded. "Yes, thank you. Please come in, I'm very worried for him."

He led them inside, thankful his parents were out of town tonight, and that Boram had been so upset with him that she hadn't invited herself over again.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" Hoseok offered, fiddling with his hands nervously.

"No, thanks. We'll be in and out." The woman said, surveying the room. "Where is he?"

"Oh, upstairs. Probably in my room." Hoseok waved a hand around.

The man nodded to the two orderlies. "Find him."

They nodded and walked off, and Hoseok felt sick, wishing he could call out to Namjoon to warn him.

"Now, tell us." The woman faced him. "How has his behavior been recently?"

"Oh, uh," Hoseok scrambled to come up with lies. "He's been...talking to himself. And seems...not like himself. He gets these random...episodes? Where he'll act like a totally different person, not like the sweet and kind Nyumjoojoobiebug that I know. And always after he calms down, he looks confused and sometimes asks what happened."

She nodded, taking notes. "So he has no memory of these episodes?"

Hoseok shook his head, hoping this sounded right. He had no idea how to fake craziness. "I don't think so, when I try to explain to him, he doesn't believe me."

"And do you know of any sort of trigger that could have caused this?" The man asked. "Something traumatic?"

"I...nothing comes to mind. But he was gone- away in Sannamdong for a month." Hoseok said. "Something could have happened there, that's probably why he ran away."

She nodded, leaning over to whisper something in her partners ear, who also nodded.

Hoseok didn't know if that was good or not.

He was saved from having to answer any more questions when shouting caught all their attention.

Hoseok's heart lurched when he saw the two orderlies forcing Namjoon down the stairs, the student caught between them, his arms each held by an orderly.

Namjoon fought them, putting up a surprisingly good fight despite the odds he was up against.

"Let me go!" He yelled, struggling furiously. "What the hell are you doing! Let me fucking go!"

"Namj-"

Hoseok was cut off by the woman stepping in front of him.

"Kim Namjoon." She addressed him. "I'm Agent Rivers, and this is Agent Kang. We're representatives with an institution called S.K.M.A, and we're here to help you get better."

"Fuck you!" Namjoon raged. "You don't have any right to do this to me!"

"Actually," the man, Agent Kang, stepped up, sounding smug. "We do. You were determined a danger to yourself, others and society and as disclosed in the safety act of 2016, anyone you have listed as an emergency contact has the right to request your hospitalization."

Namjoon looked to Hoseok, betrayal in his eyes. "You...you said you believed me..."

"I'm sorry!" Hoseok cried, real tears running down his face. "You were just acting so crazy! I was so scared! Please, Nyummie, forgive me!"

Namjoon struggled against the men holding him. "No! Let me go! I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy!"

There was something about claiming not to be crazy that made someone seem crazy.

Hoseok had to remind himself it was an act as he watched the scene nervously.

"Please, calm down." Agent Rivers sighed. "We don't want to have to drug you."

"Drug me?!" Namjoon exclaimed, sounding outraged. He managed to yank an arm free and picked up the remote off the table. "Fucking try!"

Hoseok remembered his warning and quickly dove out of the way as Namjoon whipped the remote across the room. It hit the large flat screen TV dead center and cracked the screen. The TV lurched off the wall for a moment, before crashing to the floor.

The two agents, who had barely gotten out of the way in time, both pulled out their guns, aiming them straight at the enraged student.

"Joonie! Please stop! This isn't like you!" Hoseok sobbed.

"Don't act like you know him." Namjoon snapped, eyes cold and dark.

Hoseok hoped this was enough to convince the agents, and he risked a quick glance to them.

Their guns looked...different. Not like the bulky black ones seen on TV, these ones were slimmer, and it occurred to Hoseok these guns didn't hold bullets, but rather tranquilizers.

He relaxed a little now that Namjoon wasn't in danger of losing his life.

"Namjoon, you need to calm down." Rivers said calmly. "We're going to help you get better, but you need to accept our help first."

The orderly had managed to get a hold on the student again, though it was obvious they were both struggling to keep him pinned between them.

Hoseok was proud of his boyfriend for being so strong.

"No!" Namjoon snarled, ripping an arm free. His fingers curled into claws, ready to rip out the eyes of the startled orderly-

The gun didn't make any sound as it fired.

Namjoon stumbled, feeling a piercing pain in his abdomen.

He looked down, seeing a tiny needle clinging to his shirt.

He blinked, taking a few moments to figure this out, as everything suddenly felt wrong.

His thoughts were slow, his limbs moving even slower. He grabbed the needle, yanking it free, and held it up to his eyes to study its empty tube.

Hoseok cried out when Namjoon collapsed, caught by the orderlies, who had no problem holding him now.

"It's for his own good." Kang told Hoseok in a tone that was far too casual for what just happened.

Hoseok bit his lip nervously as he watched Namjoon get carried outside and into the van.

Getting drugged hadn't been part of the plan, and he hoped Namjoon could pull some genius card for this situation.

"Thank you for your services. Everyone is safer now." Rivers said as the agents also headed out. "Call us if you have any other concerns." She handed him a business card.

It was only when Hoseok managed to rip his eyes away from the scene of the van driving away that he realized there was no contact information on the card.