8

Jungkook truly felt his heart could sink no lower after hearing that.

His beautiful, kind, warm, caring Seokjin...the boy he had his first kiss with, the one who had welcomed him and made him feel like he belonged...had been brainwashed to think all their moments together was immoral and disgusting.

He nearly gave up right then and there.

"I know, it's the worst feeling in the world." Hoseok comforted the boy, guiding him to the couch.

"Cassie," he called. "Can you get us some tea, please?"

"Of course." Cassie left to the kitchen.

"You're the best!" Hoseok shouted after him, before turning his attention to the boy who had his head in his hands.

He rubbed Jungkook's back. "I've tried a million times to make him remember us and how we loved each other, but everytime I bring it up he freaks out and pushes me away. Eventually I just...stopped trying."

Jungkook shook his head in disbelief. "There's gotta be a way to make him remember...there has to be a way to undo what they did!"

Cassie came back and handed them two steaming mugs of tea.

Hoseok sighed, sipping from his. "If there is, it's something we can't do by ourselves. They sent him to a really hard core camp- I guess they didn't want to risk it not working. After the trial, they took him away that same week and he was gone for a whole month."

His voice trembled and Jungkook raised his head to look at the crying boy.

"We used to fall asleep in each others arms... talk about getting married someday...plan romantic vacations...and now he can't even look at me without pure disgust in his face."

As hard as it was for Jungkook to process this, it had been way harder for Hoseok.

The two had been best friends since day one, and had been as close as Yoongi and Namjoon, and Jungkook couldn't imagine how the boy had dealt with this all on his own, since everyone else had just left.

He stood up, determined.

"Where's Taehyung?"

Hoseok blinked. "I don't know, he ran away after they took Yoongi away and I haven't heard from him since."

"Do you still have his number?" Jungkook pleaded and prayed just one thing would go his way in this terrible alternate reality.

"Yeah, I never deleted it."

Jungkook sighed in relief, tossing back his tea.

The warmth gave him comfort.

"But he never answers. It just goes to voice-mail. I think I filled up his inbox." Hoseok said, texting the boys number to Jungkook's phone.

Jungkook nodded. It was still better than nothing.

"I'll fix this." He vowed. "I'll get us all back together again, I swear."

Hoseok gave him a soft smile, like he was a little kid declaring he was going to be president one day.

"I won't stop you from trying. If anyone could fix all this, it's you, Koo."

He stood up too and kissed the boys forehead.

The small familiarity of the kiss was all Jungkook needed to harden his resolve.

He was definitely going to get his boyfriends back together, one by one.

"Yah- Hoseok!" A females voice screeched, catching their attention. "How long are you going to keep me waiting!"

She stormed down the stairs and Hoseok sighed.

"Just a minute, Boram. I-"

"Who is this?" She demanded, glaring at Jungkook.

"He's-"

"You should leave." She told Jungkook. "Hoseok is my rich boyfriend."

Jungkook glanced at Hoseok for an explanation, but the boy just looked away.

"Let's go." She grabbed his hand and started dragging him away.

"Please," Hoseok whispered as he passed Jungkook. "Help Jin. I can't live without him."

Jungkook nodded as he watched them leave.

He would.

He would.