Chapter Fourteen

"Right, that's it. I'm packed. My important stuff is there. My shipping has gone. Lucifer's paperwork is there. I've paid all the bills until the end of the month"

"Mini milk, come here, stop stressing. If you've forgotten anything I'll get it to you"

"Ok. I'm really doing this" Mia burst into tears.

"I'm going to miss you, both of you so much. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I love you both"

"Mia you're moving home, you'll see us soon, we'll video call and message and everything. Ok, darling?"

"Ok. I'll call you every single week, and make sure you send me pictures of Lucifer and tell him I love him. I left my jumper with Mrs Oates so he can sleep on it"

"We will, we promise. Now, you've got your passport?"

"Yes it's with my tickets, and my I.D card with my purse in my carry on"

"And Jase is coming in.." Maureen checked her watch

"Ten minutes, so we won't have a long goodbye"

"Ok, well we got you a little present, it's just something little. Open it when you get there ok?"

"I love you" Mia hugged her Mum tightly, smelling her perfume for the last time in a while before hugging her Dad.

"Live your life, Amelia, be happy. Those men are your happiness just as you are theirs, but don't lose sight of who you are in here" he put his hand on her chest.

"I love you Dad, thank you for being you" Mia began to cry again.

"It's alright, no need to cry, I'm here, I'm queer, and I'm... fuck it. Here to say goodbye to my bestest friend in the whole entire universe because fate decided to grace her with seven gods, but forgot to make those gods from Whitby" Jase smiled.

"Oh Jase. Remember you can come over any time, and I'll be coming to visit"

"You better had, or I'll be fuming"

"I love you dickhead"

"I love you too, now your car is already outside. You're sure you don't want me to come with you to the airport?"

"I'm sure I'll just sob loudly and embarrass you"

"Right, I got you this. To remind you I'm always with you" He handed her a tiny box, Mia opened it to see a pair of beautiful silver unicorn earrings.

"Oh, Jase. They're beautiful. Thank you. Oh, I don't want to go" Mia hugged him tightly.

"You're going. It'll be worth it. You'll see. Come on we will walk you down. Devil cats waiting on the wall to make sure you leave"

"Oh god, I'm glad I didn't put makeup on!"

"Me too, or you'd look like something from a horror film"

"Oh, my baby boy. You behave ok? Grandma and Grandad will tell me if you don't. I love you, more than you care to know. But I do. I'll visit soon ok? Look after Mrs Oates and don't eat all of her food when she leaves the fridge door open for a second" Mia sobbed into his fur making him wriggle out of her grasp, turning and licking her nose before jumping off the wall and walking away.

"Right, this is it. Bye mum, bye dad, bye Jase. I love you" Mia turned as her driver put her suitcase and bag into the boot, shutting it securely and opening her passenger door.

"Surprise?!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well I couldn't let you fly all alone and I had a few things to do in London"