Chapter Twenty Three

"What's wrong? What did you need me for?" Yoongi breathlessly rushed in his hands holding Mia's door frame.

"I need you to come and sit down. I want to talk to you"

"But what's the emergency?"

"Err that may have been a little white lie" Mia smiled hopefully.

"Why? Why would you do that? I panicked!"

"Because I've been left on read, you don't answer my calls and I haven't seen you for weeks, almost months. This was my last resort" Mia raised an eyebrow.

"I've been in my studio..."

"I know, and I'm not ready to go there"

"What if I'm not ready to talk" he replied sarcastically.

"Then I will respect that, but at least have the decency to tell me. I'm not a mind reader" Mia replied angrily, beginning to lose her temper.

"Well, I'm here now, I might as well" he sighed, sitting down on the bed next to Mia.

"Don't force yourself, I don't mind waiting, but please please don't just shut me out completely. I know what happened, I went through physically, but I know we're all going through it mentally and I know that what you did was a nightmare for anyone, but for you to be so close to me, I know you must be hurting too"

"How? How can you be so nice?"

"What?"

"You went through what you did and you still think about us. We didn't stop it from happening and you still are so nice. Why don't you hate us? Why! We brought you here"

"You didn't do this, you couldn't stop it. I don't blame you"

"I blame me. I thought the scared feeling was because we were practising new dance routines, but it was you. I pushed the feeling down. You're here because of us, you got attacked where we work, where we got you a job, he was our security, it's all our fault"

"Yoongi. I know no matter what I say you're naturally going to think of the what-ifs, but I do want to say, that it has happened, it's over, we need to look to the future and I see my future with you, all seven. I know what you did for me afterwards and I cannot express my gratitude enough that you did that. I cannot fathom how difficult that must have been. We need to ride out this bump in the road, but I want to do that together, I want you by my side. I love you, I need you"

"I'm so angry, Mia. I'm angry, I should have been there. I wish you hadn't gone through it. I hate that he did that to you, he touched you. Hate it. Thank you for talking to me, but I can't do it right now. Not now. Soon. But not now" he picked up his stuff and walked out, as Mia sat on the bed, tears rolling down her face.

"Mia? What did he say?"

"Not now" Mia sobbed into Hoseok's shirt.

"Not now doesn't mean not ever. Did you get to talk even a little"

"Mmhmm" Mia sniffed.

"I told him how I felt, he said not now. He's angry Hobi"

"I know he is sweetheart. Just give him some time ay?"

"I will. I've got no choice. He didn't even say he loved me back" Mia sobbed.

"He does love you. He really does. He's just, he's not a talker"

"Even if he just said he loved me too"

"He will, I promise" Mia melted into his waiting arms and sobbed.

"Right! Who do I have to kill?" Maureen stood in the doorway.

"No one Mum, calm down"

"Then why are you wailing like a banshee?"