Chapter Eighty Eight

"Mia?"

"Yeaaah?" She called back through the open door.

"Why have you booked out our meeting room and our schedules this afternoon?"

"Because I think it's time we spoke"

"Oh ok?"

"Are the babies coming?"

"No, they are staying with Hei-Rin"

"Ok, cool. Umm is everything ok?"

"Yep" Mia walked out of her room in her workout clothes kissing Namjoon's cheek.

"Yoga?"

"Nope, I've got me some weights to lift"

"Oh be careful" he frowned.

"I have a trainer, I'll be fine ok?"

"Oh yes, ok. We will see you this afternoon?"

"Yes you will, and if anyone's late, I'll be...."

"You'll be?"

"Annoyed" Mia smiled.

"Right. Noted" he winked.

———

"Come on Mia, last set, ten, nine, eight..."

"Argh, ahhh" Mia pulled herself up on the pull-up bar.

"Head up Mia, keep that posture perfect"

"Ahhh"

"And one. Well done Mia have a drink, next medicine ball throws" Mia had been working on her body strength, not cardio, purely building up her strength. She found it not only helped her physically but mentally to get out her frustration and help to set her up for the day.

Over the last few weeks, Mia had decided enough was enough. She had changed everything that wasn't right for her, Hei-Rin was now their part-time nanny, housekeeping wasn't keeping her occupied as she would like and she was so good with the babies Mia decided to look for a new assistant.

Mia had consulted her doctor and had her contraceptive implant consultation. It meant weekly blood tests for a month and then they could pop it in, but Mia didn't mind. She had made her day structured, not rigidly but enough so she had a routine, that centred around her not the boys, so when they were away it didn't make a difference.

She had also adopted eating well, she had three big meals a day and two snacks, ensuring her vitamin and protein levels were high.

This afternoon she was going to share with the boys her lists, how she was feeling, why she had made the changes she had. They had noticed, commented but she wasn't ready to share. This weeks therapy session had prepared her to talk to them and she had decided instead of being at home where they would cuddle her, she wanted it to be more formal, so she could articulate her feelings better.

Jase leaving had given her the food for thought she needed. She needed to be a woman, her own woman. A strong woman who worked hard on herself so she could be the best woman she could be. Instead of pushing her problems down and hoping they went away, she needed to give them head-on, tackle them, deal with them for as long as necessary and then move forward. She was helping women, but not helping herself. She had beaten cancer but almost felt ashamed of having it at all. She didn't tell anyone where the scars came from and they didn't ask, just looked sad.

———

"The coffees are in place Madam Mia" Jae bowed.

"Thank you" Mia smiled as he left. Jae had been shadowing Gwan and Hak, he had grown in confidence and learned that Mia wasn't quite such a dragon as long as you knew her likes and dislikes, mainly not waking her up.