Chapter Twenty Seven

"Great Aunt Mary" Mia smiled widely as she bent down and hugged the little old lady, her red hair still in a perfect chignon on the top of her head like it had been for Mia's entire life.

"Amelia! You look, oh you're a woman! I still imagine you as a child running around my feet"

"How are you?"

"I am very well my darling, all the better for seeing you. Let's go and have some wine while we catch up"

As the two women crossed the street, Mia pushing Mary's wheelchair as she couldn't walk as far as she would like and sat down in a little cafe, chattering and people watching. Mary leaned forward.

"Amelia I don't mean to concern you but two men are watching us" she whispered moving her eyes sideways where Gwan and Hak were sitting drinking coffee.

"Ah Aunty Mary, they're with me. They're my security"

"Security, what on earth do you need security for Amelia? Are you a spy?"

"Auntie! I told you I had met my soulmates?"

"Uh-huh"

"And you know there's a band playing at the stadium?"

"Oh yes, your cousin Anais is going, she's been roped into taking her daughter Annie, apparently they're the biggest band on the planet. Vampires too, she is obsessed"

"Yes, and they're my soulmates"

"They're WHAT?"

"They're my soulmates, we met at a concert, I went to with my friend"

"Oh, they're very handsome, how many are there again?"

"Seven"

"Seven? No wonder you have a smile on your face" Mary smiled.

"Auntie Mary!"

"So you need security in case anyone realises? Annie hasn't mentioned them having a soulmate, is it a secret?!"

"Yes, and they make sure I'm safe" Mia tilted her head.

"Our Maureen said you'd met your soulmate and moved to be with him, but she didn't go into detail. Well, I'll be..." she clasped her hands.

"Did you know I was...?"

"A vampire? Oh yes! Of course, Our Maureen told me a few weeks after she was attacked. So I knew. It was for the best her not telling you"

"I'm glad she had your support. But I still wish she had told me sooner"

"I think she has regrets, but I believe she did it with the best of intentions. So, when will I meet your seven suitors?"

"I'm not sure, I can't remember their schedule, but they have two shows, so maybe not tonight, or the day after, but they would like to meet you. They get on well with Mum and Dad. Obviously, if you could keep this to yourself for now. I'll message the guys and see if Anais and Annie can be with me while they perform, actually, would you like to come?"

"Of course, oh that would be lovely for them, an old lady like me? It might be my last chance, why not. And that cat? What does he think?"

"He loves them, it's creepy how nice he is to them"

"Well! I've never met a cat I didn't like until I met him. I still have the scar on my hand" She raised her hand were a pale pink scar was visible from her thumb to her little finger knuckle.

"I still feel bad about that" Mia smiled.

"So do they just follow you around?" Mary titled her head to the two men.