Chapter Sixteen

Mia's first few days in the dorms had been nice, she had been extra tired due to her jetlag and the boys had been making sure she had plenty of cuddles, blood and sleep.

But today they were taking her with them to the company. She had to sign her contract for her job and some other paperwork for their soul bond.

"Baby? Are you ready?"

"Almost! Will you help me decide what to wear please?" Mia called back to Namjoon.

"Sure, do you have options?" He smiled as he stood in her closet doorway.

"Yes. This dress or these jeans and this shirt?"

"I like them both, but it's just casual so how about, those jeans, with this shirt, and those shoes?"

"Yes, they look good together actually. Thank you" she reached up and kissed his cheek.

"I came to ask, are you ok? You've been a little quiet"

"I'm fine. I'm just a little homesick is all. Not even for the things I thought I would miss. I got stuck in a rut and I made the best of the rut so now I'm like a goldfish in the ocean, or that's what it feels like"

"No, I understand, everything is so different. Nothing smells right, or feels right and it definitely doesn't taste right, yeah?" He smiled.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, or seem ungrateful, I'm not, really, I'm so glad I have you. I'm just used to going inside my head when I feel a bit rubbish"

"You don't seem like either of those things. You just seemed a little quiet and we get it, we can feel it. It's tough for you. We're grateful that you agreed to this. But I'm always here if you want to talk, or not talk. We can both just sit in silence together" He smiled.

"Thank you. I mean it. Now I'll just pop my clothes on and I think I'll be about ready"

"Do you have to" he held her from behind his hands clasped together around her waist, his head resting on her shoulder.

"Don't give me the puppy dog eyes, I'll let you sleep in my bed tonight if you're good?"

"Fine, would you like a coffee to take with you?"

"Are you making it?"

"No, Hoseok is, seriously two days and you already know not to let me near the kitchen"

"Or anything I value, or anything breakable"

"Well, I better sleep in my own bed tonight then" he sighed walking away laughing.

"Oh I was planning on sleeping naked tonight too" Mia sighed.

"You're naughty, and I'll be in here tucked up and ready for bed the moment we get back if that's the case"  He smiled closing her bedroom door.

———
Mia felt like they had gone over security procedures and paperwork and hiding their relationship for hours. She was overwhelmed but also frustrated. The boys decided to go for a tour around the building to quell some of her pent up anger.

"And this is the dance studio"

"No way! It's huge!" Mia smiled spinning around.

"You could play basketball in here" Mia looked up at the ceiling.

"We do sometimes" Yoongi pointed to the net on the wall.

"Oh, can we play? I love basketball!"

"Really?" Jin rolled a ball out from under the seating area, happy Mia was finally smiling.

"Yeah! I loved playing it back at home with Jase at Uni"