Chapter Fifty Five

"What would you like today?"

"I think just a natural pale pink and short rounded nails please"

"Wonderful. I'll just soak your last polish off and then we will get started"

"Is that your soulmate" the manicurist nodded at Hak.

"Oh no no, he's a friend, keeping me company" Mia smiled as Hak bowed his head.

"Where is he from?"

"He's South Korean"

"Ahhhh me too" the lady suddenly animatedly began chatting to Hak. Mia managed to catch some of what she was saying but mainly it was just too quick.

In the end, Hak ended up sitting next to Mia, chatting happily to the woman whilst she did Mia's nails. Mia's appointment time had come and gone and she was still there. Suddenly the woman stopped and narrowed her eyes at Mia.

"You are their soulmate"

"What?" Mia looked at Hak nervously.

"BTS, It is you. Amelia?"

"Yes"

"Ohh, this is an honour" the woman got up from her chair and bowed to the floor.

"You are so brave. You bring so much pride to women. You stood up to him, you did good" the woman continued to bow.

"Oh, thank you, but you don't need to bow to me" Mia stood up and held the ladies hand.

"And you're with baby?"

"Yes, but it's a secret for now"

"I not say a word to anyone" the lady looked at Hak with wide eyes, as he spoke quickly. Making the lady smile.

"Ok, I am finished. Free, no charge" the manicurist patted her hand.

"No, no. You must let me pay"

"I cannot accept money from you. See it as a gift" she smiled.

"Well, thank you" Mia smiled at her freshly polished nails as she left.

"Hak?"

"Do not worry Miss Amelia, I will call in later with paperwork and a gift for her. She was very kind and offered to sign before I asked"

"She was, you seemed to have a nice time"

"She told me her and her husband came here to study at university and ended up staying and making a life for their children. She is doing her doctorate and works here part-time
to fund her studies"

"How lovely. Maybe get something for her children too, when you get a gift? If you don't mind" Mia looked up at him.

"I will. No trouble at all Miss Amelia" Hak smiled.

"Ok. Now operation JaseAhn is a go"

"Ok, so we are going to your parents?"

"Yes, Dad is cooking"

"Ohh Mr Dave is talented in the kitchen"

"He is"

"Are you nervous in case it goes wrong?"

"Terrified" Mia raised her eyebrows.

——

Beep beep

Jase
I hate you, but I love you, but I still hate you. Seriously?! Thank you xxx

Me
Enjoy your night
Both of you
Be safe xx