Chapter Seventy One

"Still nothing?"

"No Mum, not even a twinge" Mia sighed

"And the midwife thought you would have been due a week ago?"

"Yeah, Urgh I'm so fed up, I can't even put my clothes on properly, or get out of the bath without help, I'm just like an enormous ball and to make things even better my throat has been killing me the last few days"

"Hello Mrs Carr" Jimin came and sat down next to Mia.

"Hello handsome, how are you? Excited for your birthday tomorrow?"

"Impatient Mrs Carr, and thank you for the card and gift. I will open it tomorrow"

"Never mind your birthday. Impatient? You're telling me, they just watch me, like a baby is going to drop out"

"And you've tried pineapple?"

"Yep, raspberry leaf tea which was awful, I've walked up and down the stairs, I've had a hot shower"

"Have you tried, you know the way they got in?"

"No, she said that got us in enough trouble, and won't let us anywhere near her" Jimin
rolled his eyes.

"Yes because my boobs hurt, my lady bits ache, there's a baby head wedged in my pelvis and I don't need you all slobbering all over me"

"Spicy food?"

"No, because I don't want to shit myself" Mia rolled her eyes.

"Maybe try the electric milk pump? Stimulate them a little bit? Ay? Put a bit of numbing cream on your nips first, If you don't want them to touch you? Or a nice massage if you feel up to it"

"Maybe. But as soon as anything happens I'll give you a call ok?"

"Ok Mini milk you stay safe now, love to the boys"

"We love you too Mrs Carr" Jimin smiled.

"You'll work on her won't you love?" Maureen imitated sex with her hands making Mia close her eyes in disgust.

"Bye Mum" Mia shook her head as she put the phone down.

"Why won't you just come out, one of you has your head wedged in my pelvis so it's not like you're not ready!" Mia poked her stomach.

"I'm going for a lay down" Mia huffed loudly managing to stand up.

"Well? Are you coming?" She snapped at Jimin.

"Err yeah. Sure"

"And don't get any ideas" Mia turned and pointed.

"I wasn't going to"

Walking up the stairs and into her room, Mia went and sat on the toilet. Relieving herself, she wiped only to find mucus, a thick streak of mucus.

"JIMMMIN!!!"

"What? Is it time?"

"No, my mucus plug has come away"

"That's good right?"

"It means things are moving, pass me my phone, I'll call the midwife" Mia's face felt like it drained of colour instantly as spoke to the midwife.

"Ok, yes, ok, I'll call you if anything changes"

"It could be hours or days, but sometimes weeks, but she thinks it's more likely to be very soon. Will you put a waterproof cover on my bed please, just in case and then can we cuddle? It might be the last cuddle before we're parents" Mia began to cry.