Chapter Fifty

"Ok, the gift bags are packed?"

"Yes Mia"

"And everywhere has been cleaned and tidied?"

"Yes Mia"

"And the decorations are all up?"

"Yes Mia and the drinks are chilling, the canapés are in the fridge or covered on the side. The cake has been delivered and is in a box, and the zoom call is set up to your Great Aunt, and your Parents"

"Ok. That's everything on my list I think. Security and police are outside. I just need to go and put my dress on and I'm done. The boys are bringing Miso"

"Yes the dog area is set up at the back, with toys and things"

"Right, brilliant. Thank you so much for this Geongmin" Mia smiled.

"You're very welcome. Now go, go and get changed"

"And you're still ok to open it with us?"

"Of course, I'm so excited. I appreciate you asking the women of the family to do it. It means a lot you know?"

"I just wanted to do something for you all. I wanted you all to be honoured as strong women"

"Well, Eomma is elated"

"Good, I can't wait to see everyone and I can't wait to see their faces when they realise their Parent's are all here"

———

"AMELIA, AMELIA, LOOK THIS WAY"

"THIS WAY LADIES"

As the flashbulbs blinded them all, they stood smiling. Her soulmates Mother's, Sister's and her two friends Areum and Eunji. Mia's Mother and Great Aunt were on a screen on zoom, chatting to various people, it was like they were there.

Mia's dipped hem dress was powder blue, with black flower detailing trailing down it like Ivy. The dress was one-shouldered and created the most beautiful ruffles from her waist hiding her stomach. Paired with black stilettos and black dangling earrings. Mia felt like a Princess and looking at the girls who were all wearing the opposite colours but in the same style. She felt immense pride. Not just for her, but for all of them.

"Before we open, I would just like to say, thank you. This idea sparked from the generosity of my soulmates, and an attack that I wouldn't have gotten through without these men and these women. I'm acutely aware that not everyone has the support that I have, and I want to give women somewhere to go, somewhere to learn, somewhere to be who they are without judgement. My family and the families of my soulmates are filled with strong women. Women who have fought against the odds to survive. This is for them, for us, and for future generations" Mia smiled at her soulmates faces as she spoke in Korean.

"Have your soulmates funded the centre?"

"No. They have donated, both of funds and time. But the centre has been funded by compensation from my attack, and a few investors from my family. I wanted to turn such a painful negative into a positive"

"Will BTS be here helping you?"

"No. They're far too busy. They won't be here, this is a women's centre. Run by women for women. Ok ladies?" Mia smiled.

"We now declare Mary's Women's centre, open!" They all cheered as they cut the ribbon on the door, the cameras flashed wildly as they went back inside. The police and security closing the doors.

"I'm so proud of you" Maureen sobbed on the screen.

"I don't know what you said, but I'm so proud of you. All of you"