Alternative ending: Got7

Alternative ending: Got7!

______________

Chaos at the Got7 dorm was not really something abnormal. You could argue that it was the most normal state of being for them.

That didn't stop Jinyoung to wonder if either he could get away with murder himself or just how much a hitman would cost.

Sugar and video games had been the worst invention in the world, and he very much considered banning both from the dorm.

Jinyoung doesn't know exactly why things had gotten so loud that day. There was a weird mood in Got7 that none of them wanted to talk about. They had always known that there was something in their bond missing.

For them, of course, it had been clear that it was Mark. They loved him, and they wanted him with them. There wasn't a part of Jinyoung that knew how to function if Mark wouldn't have ended up with them. That was why it was meant to be fixed when Mark finally did join them.

But... it didn't.

Yes, part of their bond got filled out, in a way they always knew it needed to be, but something was still missing.

Somebody was missing.

And there was no way in hell any of them was gonna mention that. Jinyoung knew the others felt it, but none of them wanted Mark to feel that he wasn't enough, that they weren't happy to have him there. They already had enough of Mark doubting his own and their feelings. They really didn't need more off it.

It was first when Mark came to Jinyoung that the beta remembered exactly what a pack was meant to be about, and it wasn't about keeping secrets.

Mark had been close to tears, asking if there was something wrong with him cause it felt weird in his chest. It felt as if something was... missing. Mark thought he was broken, and all Jinyoung could do was hug him close and make sure that the older man knew that there was nothing wrong with him.

After it, Mark had felt genuinely sick to his stomach that the feeling he was having was how all of them had been feeling while he had been trying to figure out how he felt.

Of course, None of them would have that. It had led to a lot of hugging, even more tears, and all of them making sure that Mark knew that they loved him and would never hold it against him. The thing was that it didn't matter how much they talked. It didn't magically fix the holes in their hearts. It didn't magically remove the feeling that something was missing in the bond.

It didn't magically make Namjoon theirs.

Jinyoung did feel bad for thinking about Namjoon that way. He wasn't a thing. Namjoon belonged to Namjoon. That was one of the main issues that started all of this, BTS seemingly thinking that Namjoon was just a thing.

He had thought so much about it since Namjoon left. He saw the news and how they wrote about Namjoon and the packs courting him. They all treated Namjoon like he was something that they were trying to win.

Yes, maybe they were all trying to win Namjoon heart, but all of the articles made Namjoon just seem like... a thing, and Jinyoung hated it.

Trying to deal with all of that, trying to figure out what to do, while getting radio silence from Namjoon, was what had lead to the current craziness going on in the Got7 dorm.

"Don't get lost in your thought. You are meant to spend time with us, not in your own head, love." Jaebum's hand went through his hair, callused fingers calming his fraying nerves.

Of course, Jaebum was correct, and Jinyoung focused himself on focusing on what was happening around them instead of his own thought getting darker and darker.