Saying that I'm your man, I trusted you

Namjoon didn't know what he had expected, maybe for it to be awkward, maybe for it to feel weird without Jiho and Kyung there, but it didn't, it felt... normal.

Maybe it was caused while he hadn't been focusing solely on the rest of Block B before, and while he had always had Jiho and Kyung as buffers, it felt natural and good still without them.

It turned out that Jihoon was right, he was feeling a lot more cuddly than normal, his mind still overflowing with heat hormones without being sexual urges, this was what had lead to him on the couch cuddled up with Jihoon. Getting to know the Block B maknae was actually very interesting to Namjoon, he had always known the things that were on the surface like the younger love for rapping and how he liked composing as well plus his acting, but that was all just who he was on the surface.

He talked and showed Namjoon some work on a single for the next Bastarz comeback, while it was just a rough framework, and it still needed tons of work before it was ready for the October comeback, but it was clear that Jihoon was throwing his heart into it.

Sitting on the couch, under a blanket with his thighs almost glued to Jihoon's was nice and sweet, laughing at small things like the beta's spelling or other stuff like it was nice. It was weird to think that Jihoon was actually older than Namjoon; it was clear to feel that the beta was used to being the youngest.

But that was okay with Namjoon; he liked feeling a little like Jihoon's hyung as he pointed out a few changes, that he could make the song he was working on, the young beta blushed a little as Yukwon yelled for them that food was ready "Thank you... for the help that is, I wanted to ask Jiho for help, but he is releasing two songs tomorrow, and I don't want to stress him, he already works so hard."

While Namjoon understood where Jihoon was coming from, he used to have the same back in the day with Yoongi, before everything had happened.

Back then Namjoon and the BTS pack alpha had been so close, both had worked so damn hard, and Namjoon had felt a little guilty for asking Yoongi for help when he was stuck with a song, but the other rapper had called him stupid and made sure that Namjoon knew that he could always come to him no matter what, oh what had happened to them.

"Jiho would still love to help you even if he is busy, we both know that," Namjoon couldn't stop himself from teasing the other.

Jihoon smiled a soft private smile "yeah... he is really a softy no matter how it is that he presents himself to the world, but I wanna prove that I can do this without him, I want him... I want everybody to be proud of me, show that I have really grown over these years."

The omega just smiled; he understood what Jihoon meant, the feeling that you could do something by yourself, the feeling of wanting people to be proud of you. Especially as the youngest in a group and in a pack, looking at it Namjoon was sure that some of that pressure was actually why it had gone so wrong for Jungkook, things had moved so fast that it was weird to think about the fact that Jungkook had only been an alpha for five months, the need to please with only Yoongi to look up to, was what had gone so badly.

It wasn't really BTS's fault that everything had gone so bad, at least in Namjoon's head, a bad case of circumstances and accidents all happening at the same time.

So he smiled at Jihoon softly"I get it," he couldn't stop himself from pressing a kiss to the betas cheek with a pleased expression "I am sure that you are going to be great, I trust that, but we both know that you don't need to do this for everybody to be proud of you."

Jihoon seemed a little shy as he pressed a hand to his cheek like some bottom shelf shojo manga, which yes... was kinda cute, as cute as a tall idol with bright red hair and the worst haircut since the egg haircut Namjoon himself had coined, which okay was actually really cute "you have to be careful, if you keep being this cute, I might not share you with the rest of my pack."