Keeping up with Jimin, Part 1

Jimin placed his bag down where Baekhyun had told him. He just stood there for a second and stared at it. So he was gonna do this. The thing was he wasn't as stupid as Namjoon seemed to think he was.

While he did believe that Baekhyun needed another omega close to him, that had been clear from how he hadn't seemed to want to let Jimin go when he was here during and after his heat, he also knew that everybody else from his pack was spending time with other packs. To be honest, it made sense.

The last week had proven something that Jimin didn't want to see. They were broken, and he didn't know how to put them back together. The fact that when his heat had come, he hadn't felt comfortable going to his own pack proved it more than anything. Hoseok needed help... professional help so did Yoongi. Jungkook had ended up choosing help by his own volition.

That one actually made Jimin the most comfortable. Had it been any other pack he might have been worried that Jungkook's hormone issues would have made him dangerous to them, but as he thought about Vixx, hard omega in Wonshik who didn't seem to take shit from anybody, Hakyeon being a strong leader.

Wait. Stop. Hakyeon was an omega and the leader of Vixx.

Jimin thought back on what Yoongi had said in the hospital. It had only been 4 days since, but it felt like a lifetime. They had been outside of Namjoon's hospital room, and Yoongi had told Doctor Choi, Namjoon doctor, that Namjoon couldn't be a leader when he was an omega. He had explicitly said that Vixx's leader was an alpha.

It could have been an honest mistake and to show the fact that Yoongi seemed to not know who was the leader of Vixx, but Jimin when thinking about it was actually sure that it ran deeper. That his statement had more to do with the fact that Yoongi refused to believe that an omega could be the leader of a group. He had either decided that Hakyeon was an alpha or that Taekwoon was the leader of Vixx, which... Jimin didn't know Vixx that well, but that already just seemed silly as an idea, how would that even work?

"Jimin?" Yixing called out for him, standing in the doorway, "is something wrong?"

Jimin already liked Yixing a lot. The beta was just... Jimin couldn't explain it. He was just... Yixing, there was no other way to put it. "No, I am fine," he tried for his best most confident smile at Yixing, the older beta didn't deserve for Jimin to drop all of his mental troubles on top of him. He had already done so much for Jimin during his heat. Exo had enough troubles they didn't need to be forced to listen to BTS's problems as well, "I was just trying to figure out if I had forgotten something,"

"Well if you have, you luckily don't live that far from here. It would be more awkward if you were like me and had a bad habit of forgetting your things back home in China... Those are harder to get back; it turns out." At that Jimin couldn't stop himself from laughing a little, that was the effect Yixing had, he was kinda the perfect beta. He could make everybody feel more comfortable.

"We at times almost forgot passports, bags, and sometimes people in different countries, so I get it. I am just checking for my gym things. Junmyeon said there was food in two hours, so I wanted to hit the gym," Jimin felt that he could actually eat if he just spent the two hours at the gym beforehand. It would be okay, right?

Yixing seemed a little confused, "it's kinda late, especially if you wanna go to the gym at the BigHit building. Jongin and I are gonna hit the dance studio early in the morning before practice really starts, you can go with us there if you want? It's a lot more enjoyable than just going to the gym."

The thing was that Jimin could see the logic in that, but he could feel the panic build up inside him with the thought of not going to the gym. He had thought that if he headed to the gym, he could have used being there as an excuse and say that he was eating there.