Look at me one last time Smile like nothing's wrong

Namjoon's time with Block B was coming to an end. They all knew that it wasn't that he wanted to leave them, he was enjoying his time with them, but Namjoon also was looking forward to spending time with Monsta X.

He had kept in contact via text with the Monsta X members, and he had talked with them on the phone a fair few times. Overall, he was looking forward to spending time with them. They were so different than everybody else Namjoon had spent time with. They had no connection to everything that had happened.

He felt like he was just Namjoon with them, not the omega who had rejected his subgender for years. It felt nice. It felt like he could just be him without all the expectations. He was still using the notebook that Wonho gave him, and it was a gift that he could use every day, it reminded him of the letter and always made him smile.

Once Hoseok had found him just sitting in his studio staring at the book with a soft smile on his face that the alpha hadn't seen in a very long time. He had originally wanted to ask Namjoon something, but he couldn't get himself to say anything and interrupt the younger. So instead he just leaned against the door and stared at him.

Hoseok had expected to feel awkward about it, maybe sad that Namjoon was clearly so deep in-thought about somebody that wasn't from BTS, but he wasn't... he was happy. Beast had really opened his eyes. While he wanted Namjoon to join them, while he would do everything to prove to Namjoon that they were worth it to him... That Hoseok himself was worth it to be his alpha; he now also knew that a group and a pack could work even if one group member wasn't part of it.

Beast wasn't anything less just because they hadn't had all of the group members in their pack. BTS wouldn't be anything less without Namjoon in the pack, but they would be less if Namjoon left the group, and they had almost lost Namjoon for good... Hoseok was not gonna let that happen again. He would make sure that Namjoon was happy.

Hopefully, it was with BTS that he would find happiness, but he would defend Namjoon as if it was the last he ever did if he needed to. He would never forget what Doojoon had told him, what makes a strong alpha is not what they fight or how they attack... It's how they defend and how they love.

It was a lesson that Hoseok would never forget, and something he would never stop being thankful for Doojoon for. He knew that he didn't have long with Beast left, having to return to BTS for good, but he had made friends for a lifetime.

He would never forget Beast and what they had done for him.

After looking at Namjoon for a while, he slowly backed out and closed the door gently behind him. Hoseok wasn't sure who Namjoon was with at the moment, but he knew how much that notebook meant to him.

Hmmm, they should really find a courting gift for Namjoon when he joined them again, somehow just saying sorry didn't really seem like it would cut it. Hoseok wondered to himself if Jimin and Seokjin would help him, they did seem to understand Namjoon the most.

Namjoon hadn't really noticed anything about Hoseok. He had been too caught up in his own mind, but when he left the BigHit studios that day he was in a good mood. He didn't know why, but he felt that it was a good day.

Things were surprising when he got back to the Block B dorm. It turned out that only Jiho was home, something that was abnormal. The Block B leader was normally the last one to get home, but instead, he was taking a nap in the nest while cuddled up in a too-big hoodie.

Jiho looked so soft and sweet as he slowly opened his eyes yawning, before Namjoon could even ask Jiho explained, "I haven't gotten a lot of sleep lately, and I were feeling clammy at practice, so they sent me home."

That did explain a lot of things. It didn't make any sense that Jiho would go home without being told to; he was way too stubborn. But Jiho's words also did worry Namjoon a bit. Both Yoongi and himself were prone to overwork, and he was worried about Jiho's health.