I hate this love song, I'm going to sing it with a smile

Empty.

The dorm was empty, they had... left him behind.

Taehyung had no more tears to cry, he had done pretty much nothing, but cry since the door to the nest had opened, he was just... he felt so lost. Taehyung knew that everybody saw him as nothing, but a lost little puppy who couldn't understand or even see what was going on around him. It wasn't a surprise, people always underestimated him, but it hurt... more than he could even explain.

They were everything to him! They were the people who had accepted him for being a beta even if they really had needed him to be an omega! They were the first ones since his family had died to tell him that they loved him!

He curled in on himself, his head hurt, his heart ached, and his eyes resembled that of a man who had just been awake for over 48 hours in their sheer redness. Namjoon had left first before Taehyung, or anybody else had even noticed it, something that he couldn't blame the older omega for, then Yoongi had disappeared after the pack bond broke and they had all started to argue. Then Jungkook in a dramatic faction had run away, the rest was kind of a blur for Taehyung. Seokjin had suggested that maybe they could without Yoongi still create a pack, even without Jungkook, Hoseok could be the pack alpha.

That had been enough to break the tension as the rapper had gone pale as a sheet at the sheer idea that he should be pack alpha, and more than anybody else, he had run away, Jimin and Seokjin following him in near desperate ways.

Taehyung had wanted to follow, to convince and to plead for Hoseok to be their pack alpha, but he knew it wouldn't work. No matter how much everybody thought he was stupid, he really wasn't. While Hoseok hadn't wanted to tell them what had happened to him before BTS, it had still been very clear through his actions that he had no interest nor want to be a pack.

Running a hand over his neck where he used to have his pack bond, Taehyung wished he still had tears left in him, cause maybe if he could still cry, if he could still find a way to express his feelings that wasn't just... emptiness, then maybe he would get to feel better, maybe he could find some source of peace.

BTS was meant to be his forever, now suddenly he realised that while he had chosen them, they hadn't chosen him. Taehyung had really thought that he was getting better, that he was starting to just be... Taehyung, but all of those emotions he had been trying to keep in were starting to spill out again.

He couldn't shake the idea that it was his fault, if he had been an omega, it would have been better, this wouldn't have happened. He didn't know how long time he just laid there, out of tears, curled up on the nest in the empty room, the scents of his now-former pack members still heavy in the room. It was the same nest that Yoongi and Namjoon had spend time in, and Taehyung could smell every little change in their scents heavy in the air.

Arousal and then distress was clear, coming from both Namjoon and Yoongi, it was taking over Taehyung lungs, burning his nostril and placing itself deep in his lungs where the beta wasn't sure that he would ever be able to clear it.

He wasn't even sure if he would ever be able to really move, and it was how he ended up falling asleep. Taehyung hadn't wanted to sleep, he had hoped, had prayed that one of his pack members, one of the men who were meant to love him, would come back to him, nobody did, instead, he just fell asleep in unrestful fits.

It couldn't have been more than an hour since he had fallen asleep, but when he woke up, he was no longer alone in the nest, the sweet scent of glazed cherries was chasing away all of the lingering scents of the BTS members still around in the room, the man behind him holding him tight to his chest in a protective form "Chan?" Taehyung's voice rough from both his crying and from his sleep.