Dick x reader

I looked out at the endless ocean before me. I don't know why I came here, I haven't spoken to any of these guys in 5 years. Today at Wayne Manor was a celebration to appreciate the fallen heroes, whether they were superheroes, soldiers, officers, etc. It wasn't anything like labor day, this was just a holiday that the League thought of to pay respects to those who fought for the safety of their homes, country and people, no matter where they were from or what they believed in. I quit hero work when I got my injury, and I didn't want to do any behind the scenes work, mainly because it made me feel isolated and left out along with the fact that seeing everyone reminds me of Wally.

"Drink?" I looked at the new Robin, Damian.

"You're too young for alcohol." I said as I took the glass from him and he just shrugged.

"Who did you lose?" he asked me.

"Why do you assume?" I asked.

"I was talking with Bart, he slipped." Damian revealed.

"It's amazing he can keep a secret identity." I sighed.

"I lost my brother, Wally. The original Kid Flash, and your brothers best friend." I briefly explained.

"I'm sorry for your loss." he told me.

"It's been 5 years, and I can't forget it." I mumbled, tapping my leg with my free hand.

"Technology is getting better." Damian said, trying to make me feel better.

"Yes it is, but it can't keep up with a speedster." I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Go back inside now and let me mope." I told him.

"I'll mope with you." he offered.

"Come on Damian." I looked to see Dick coming up to us, holding a tray of my favorite fancy rich people food. "Go inside, Bruce is looking for you too." he said and Damian trudged away back into the party hall.

"Like the view?" Dick asked as I picked up something.

"It's a nice view." I said munching on my snack.

"How've you been?" he asked me.

"We broke up Dick, you don't have to keep tabs on me." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm concerned for a friend." Dick placed a hand on my shoulder.

"No. You are concerned about Wally's little sister, not your friend." I glared at him and ate another piece of food. Dick was the only one there for me when Wally died. Barry tried but couldn't get through, my parents didn't understand, and Artemis had her own emotions to sort through. 

That day, that incident, it was supposed to be me who went North to help Barry and Impulse, I was in Germany when I got the report and was making my way there, when I had to save a child. The MFD's disrupted the magnetic fields causing abnormal weather patterns. A lingering tornado tore down a building, and I was fast enough to save the kid, but my leg got stuck and ... I had to get amputated in the end. By the time I woke up, it was a week after Wally had died.

Everyone tried making me feel better, that it wasn't my fault. But I knew.. even if I wasn't fast enough, I'd be the one who died not Wally. Wally was preparing to live a life with Artemis, a family, a career. I had none of that, it should've been me. Dick helped me through my survivors guilt and I ended up growing a liking towards him, but eventually I realized he was taking care of me out of a responsibility he felt for me because of Wally. After that I distanced myself from all of it, heroes, villains, aliens, alternate dimensions, time travel all of it. And yet somehow I got roped into this event 5 years later.

Dick had left to go back inside, but left his jacket with me since it was cold where we were. I sat on the chairs provided to rest my leg. Even if I wanted to be a hero, I can't be fast, everything from my left thigh down was a prosthetic.

I felt the wind blow past and I couldn't help but tuck myself deeper into Dick's jacket. "Still uses that stupid cologne.." I mumbled, smelling the scent from the bottle I sent as a birthday gift when I liked him.

"You still like him stupid." I could imagine Wally telling me that in my head.

".. You're stupid." I retorted, feeling tears well in my eyes. ".. I miss you stupid." I sniffled, hiding my face in Dick's jacket. Even though I was younger, everyone says I look like Wally, and knowing that how could I face everyone knowing that my face reminds them of their dead friend. I looked at the time on my phone, and it was getting late. We were a long way from home, and I can't exactly run or call a cab. I slipped off Dick's jacket and folded it up neatly. I walked over quietly to the door leading to the party. Everyone was busy talking so I quickly put Dick's jacket down at his seat and looked at the crowd.

"Leaving already?" I jumped and turned seeing it was Jason Todd.

"Yeah." I replied.

".. I'll give you a ride." he said helping me leave down to the lower levels where the boom tubes and cars were parked.

He started putting in coordinates on a computer. "I know how you feel about Golden Boy." he told me as he continued typing. "He talks or talked about you a lot." he said as the boom tube activated. "I won't tell you what to do, but being alone and depressed is not the best way to live, believe me." he said.

".. I'll think about it." I said as I walked towards the boom tube.

"I'll tell him you said bye." He said handing me a slip with Dick's number on it. "Think about it." he said and walked away.

"I knew you were a nice guy Todd." I smiled as I continued on my way home.