Dick x (daughter) reader

Requested by: @booklover7368

"Dad, I'm fine.." I frowned looking at my dad, Dick Grayson as he changed the towel on my forehead.

"You have a fever, you are not fine." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"But you've had worse and still went on missions, it's not fair.." I complained.

"Next time, but today you're staying home with Alfred." he said getting off my bed and pulling my covers up towards my neck. "Go to sleep early, don't play on your phone or watch tv, or videos. If you need anything just call." he said as he grabbed his domino mask from the night stand.

"I wanna go.." I mumbled and he looked back at me, now masked and came closer, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Be a good girl and stay behind to rest. Besides this mission is just a boring recon mission. Nothing interesting." he said rubbing my slightly flushed cheeks, from the fever.

"... fine, hug." I said sitting up and hugging my dad, who returned it squeezing me tightly.

"I love you." he whispered petting my head.

"Me too.." I said smiling and pulled away from the hug, turning my head away and coughed into my arm.

"I'll be home before you know it." he said to me, laying me back on the bed and I nodded.

"Be careful.." I said and he gave me another kiss on my forehead before leaving my room.

~~~~~

About 30 minutes after dad left, I took the towel off my head. I went to my closet and opened the false door and pulled out my suit. I quickly pulled it on and took out my tracker seeing dad was currently in the middle of Gotham. I zoomed in and saw which street he was on. I grabbed my mask and decided to leave the manor. "If it's only a boring recon mission, I'll be fine." I thought and slipped a cough drop into my mouth before leaving through my window.

I made my way to the location of my tracker and kept to the shadows not knowing the exact meet up. I landed on the tall building and looked down onto the shorter building seeing that there was a group of people there all armed with guns and on that shorter building was a utilities shack, where the meeting was probably taking place. I was going to go closer, when I felt my arm being grabbed and pulled. I struggled but stopped seeing a very angry uncle. ".. hi." I said and heard him sigh from within his helmet.

"If Golden boy finds you here, he's going to be pissed." he whispered letting me go.

"Dad said it was a boring recon mission, and I wanted to help.. I'm smaller than all of you so I can get in closer and hear more than you guys.." I whispered.

"That's true, but we also brought along the little demon." Uncle Jason said and showed me a tablet. "We have cameras set up inside already." he said and zoomed in showing the people inside and their faces scanned, and their profile popped up on the screen.

"We'll be fine. You head home before your dad finds you." he said and I pouted looking up at him.

"That's not gonna work on me with these masks on squirt." He said and pinched my cheeks. "Go home you should be resting." he said and I sighed.

"Fine.... Don't tell dad." I whispered and was about to leave.

"Don't tell dad what?" I turned seeing dad with his arms crossed.

"Nothing.." I said and I heard Uncle Jay sigh behind me.

"Meeting's over." I saw Damian appear out of nowhere with a bunch of tiny cameras in his hands, which he passed to dad.

".. Am I in trouble?" I asked looking up at my dad.

"Big time." he frowned and pulled me up by my arm and taking me out down to the nearby alley where the bikes were parked.

~~~~~

Once we got home, dad took me to my room. He forced me to sit on the bed. I didn't say anything and neither did he. He then left my room, and I grabbed my pajamas and went to my personal bathroom to change out of my suit. When I got back out, dad was back and in his own pajamas. I quietly crawled onto my bed, waiting for my scolding. Minutes passed, and it felt like hours. "Dad?" I called out to him.

"What?" he asked looking at me.

"I'm sorry..." I said.

".. I know." he replied and I glanced at him.

I didn't know what to say honestly, dad knew that and I felt my bed dip as he sat next to me. "Why did you follow me?" he asked me.

".. Because..." I spoke softly.

"Of?" he asked.

I began playing with the edge of my shirt, "I wanted to be like you... and mom... and Uncles Jay, Tim and Damian.... and Grandpa...." I mumbled. "I.. wanted to show you that I can be helpful.. I hear stories from your friends on how when you guys get sick, or injured or something, you still complete the mission.. and I thought it was cool.. so I.. wanted to..." I trailed off and I heard dad sigh.

"We were all young and stupid." dad said placing a hand on my back. "I don't want you making the same mistakes we all did. Because of our recklessness, we all have mistakes that we can't take back. We put our friends in danger and the mission at risk, because we aren't in top condition. Sometimes we have no choice but to go, but I don't want that for you. Your mom didn't want you to be a part of this life, and I agreed. But I also didn't want you to not know of the dangers that happen in Gotham. I wanted you to be prepared, but being a vigilante might have been a bit extreme." he said and I smiled looking at dad.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"No, I'm mad." he said and I pouted.

"But dad~" I whined tugging on his arm.

He smiled and hugged me, "If you ever do something like this again, you will be punished, alright?" he asked and I nodded. "Let's see.. what punishment should we give you... cleaning the batcave? the manor? Damian's pets? Organize the case files?" dad continued rambling off different punishments.

"W-would you look at the time, I should head to bed.." I said crawling back under my covers.

"Sweet drams sweetie, love you." dad said kissing my forehead before leaving my room.

I smiled hearing his footsteps fade away. "Love you too." I mumbled and drifted off to sleep.