(Guard) Jason x (princess) reader

~16 years old~

"Be careful, your highness." I held the hand of my personal guard, Jason, as he helped me out of the carriage.

"I told you not to call me that." I smiled as he walked beside me.

"I'm showing my respect, your highness." He smiled.

"Well, you and respect have a horrid reputation when together." I said.

"(Y/n), my dear, how was the trip?" I looked up to see my father, the King, walking towards me.

"I got your favorite pastries, don't worry. I also got mom some new books from overseas." I said as a servant took my bags from the carriage.

"Such a thoughtful daughter!" My father beamed with joy as he began munching down on pastries. I laughed slightly and turned to Jason.

"I'll see you later?" I asked and he nodded, before bowing and taking his leave.

~~

I returned to my room and went out to my balcony, and leaned against the railing, looking at the courtyard below me. I easily found Jason among the bustling crowds of guards. It was time for the guards to train, and my room had a perfect view. I smiled seeing Jason leading their training, shirtless.

Most of our guards are sons or daughters from noble families who have been guards for generations. Although we have some soldiers who are commoners, it's rare since training is hard, and commoners get looked down at a lot. Jason was one of them. He endured and climbed his way up through the ranks until he got to his current rank of Captain.

Jason eventually set his gaze on me from the courtyard. I waved a greeting and he waved in return. I giggled seeing some of the soldiers start teasing him. I had no idea what they were saying but it ended up with Jason yelling at them and punishing them to run laps. Jason refused to look at me after, which I found cute.

Jason finally returned as my personal bodyguard and I handed him a water bottle. "Did you enjoy what you saw?" He asked me with a smirk.

"Well, there wasn't exactly much to see." I teased, annoying him.

"Say that again?" He asked.

"Nope." I smiled, sitting on my bed. He just smiled and walked towards me, setting his weapons to the side. He sat beside my legs on the floor, his head rested against my thigh. I naturally reached out, combing my fingers through his hair. I felt his arms wrap around my calf and I laughed seeing his blissful state.

"You're such a baby." I teased and he said nothing but snuggled closer.

Jason and I, despite our social status, have been dating about 3 years. We both knew we liked each other and wanted to be with each other. In other kingdoms, a relationship like this would never pass, but my father and mother thought it be best for me to have some experience with men for the future. They also didn't mind having Jason become my guard. After all, my boyfriend, the royal bodyguard, he'd attack anyone who would even look at me the wrong way.

However, we both also know this relationship can't last forever. Once I turn 18, I will be married off to some noble or prince from another country for political reasons. We both decided that we'd enjoy however long we have together and worry about that when it happens.

~~

I'm now 18 years old, and getting dressed to meet the family of my fiance. in the mirror, I could see Jason staring at me from the back of the room as my maid helped me secure my dress. "You look gorgeous, your Highness." she said to me.