Dick x Reader

Warning: Angst
~~~~~~
That background character in films, the one where no one remembers their name. That's me.

I was never good at making friends, and the friends that I managed to make, they had even closer friends to hang out with. I understood why, they knew each other longer, they have a stronger bond.

I smiled at the customer as they left. I went back to organizing the hangers and other shirts.

I heard footsteps and turned smiling. "How may I help you?" I asked.

"I'd like to try these on, please." The man said.

"No problem!" I said and counted 3 articles of clothing and gave him the placard with a 3 on it. He went into the changing rooms and I sighed my smile fading away. I fiddled with my uniform shirt, having nothing else to do.

"Thanks." I turned seeing the man from earlier and I smiled and he handed me the clothes he didn't want and proceeded to either buy more or check out.
~~~~
I got home to my empty apartment. It was a simple studio area. I fell onto the bed and sighed. I looked at my tank of fishes. I got up and fed them their dinner. I sighed and it was already midnight.

I had a quick shower, ate a banana and went to sleep.
~~~~~
I sat in the classroom and played random games on my phone. I smiled when me seat mate came over and we had a short conversation before playing on our phones.

Then lunch came around and went to find my one friend, Dick Grayson. I went to the usual meet up and waited for him. I sat on the grass and played with the grass as I waited.

I looked at the time on my phone and lunch was almost over. "Maybe he's busy?" I thought and got up to head to my next class.

I walked through the halls smiling at a few people who recognized me from class. I was about to head up the stair and stopped seeing Dick and he was with a red headed girl. Dick noticed me and smiled and walked over with the girl. "Sorry I couldn't meet up with you." He said.

"No problem." I shrugged.

"Oh, this is my friend Barbra Gordon. She transferred over to our school today. I was showing her around." He said and I smiled at her and we shook hands.

"Well, I gotta get to class." I said and walked past them. I glanced back at them seeing them smiling at each other.

I sighed and went to my class.

~~~~~

"Leave me alone." Dick said as I walked with him.

"I'm just curious..." I said quietly.

"You're so annoying, just leave me alone!" He said glaring at me. He continued walking and I just looked at him.

"... Okay..." I said softly and turned walking the long way home.

The rest of my days of high school were lonely. Though my grades got better since I did nothing but study. I didn't have any siblings and my parents were drug addicts.

I flipped to the next page in the textbook and wrote down a few notes. I looked at the song playing in my earphones and skipped it. I faintly heard talking and looked up seeing it was Dick and a group of his friends. I looked down and continued writing hoping he won't recognize me. They sat themselves down at the table next to mine.