Damian x (daughter) reader

Requested by: 👻 Anonymous 👻
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flicked through the various channels on the tv, bored out of my mind. "Hey squirt, having fun?" I looked up seeing Uncle Jason, who came back from a smoke.

"I have been changing channels the past hour, ... do you have games on your phone?" I asked him.

"Don't got one." he smiled walking away.

"Liar!" I yelled as he went down to the batcave.

I laid back on the couch staring at the ceiling. I turned seeing Ace asleep in the corner. I crawled off the couch and towards him. Ace seemed to wake up after hearing me come closer. "Hey buddy." I smiled, petting him. He happily licked my face as I continued petting him. "You are so lucky, you know that? You get to leave the house, you get to make doggy friends at the park, and you don't have to go to those snobby parties with annoying adults trying to kiss your ass." I sighed, and Ace just barked as if agreeing with me.

".. Should I sneak out?" I whispered while Ace just looked at me confused. ".. Don't tell dad, okay?" I asked Ace smiling.

~~~~~

I quickly made my bed with extra blankets and pillows to make it seem I was in bed. "Sorry dad, but only a little while!" I smiled, and climbed out my window. I carefully avoided the security systems, and went over the fence, and jumped down, looking back at the manor behind me. 

I had a slip of paper list of places I wanted to see. Even if they were closed, I wanted to see them. I arrived at the city and the city streets were empty, but I could hear the loud bustling inside the houses and bars. I stopped by a closed movie theatre, looking at the current movie posters and looking inside at the closed snack bar. 

"I heard movie snacks are ridiculously expensive and sometimes people are really rude ... I'm kind of glad we have a personal theater.." I thought and continued walking.

I then went to a bunch of cafes, especially the animal themed ones. There weren't many in Gotham, but I always wanted to visit one. I stopped at the window and looked to see the sleeping animals. "Cute! Maybe I can ask dad for another pet? Ace does need a friend.. he's also getting to be an old boy.." I thought, staring at the animals.

I heard footsteps behind me, and I immediately became more alert. I carefully looked at the reflection in the glass in front of me. There wasn't much light around, but I could make out one set of footsteps, and they were obviously trying to be sneaky. 

"A thief? Kidnapper? Human trafficking?" I thought, slowly reaching into my clothes and getting a butterfly knife in one hand and pepper spray in the other.

"Hey, kid. It's late, where are your parents?" The person asked me.

I glanced behind me seeing it was someone who seemed to be an older aged man. I quickly looked him up and down, he didn't seem like someone who could catch me if I run or overpower me in a fight. I put away my knife but kept the pepper spray in hand, hidden behind my back.

"Are you lost?" he asked me.

"No, I'm just going to buy some candy. I live right there." I pointed to a random nearby building.

"Candy? This late? You'll get cavities. Have one of these instead." He handed me what seemed to be like a small mint. "Hurry on home, it's not safe at night for children."

"Okay, thank you mister." I smiled, and quickly made my way around him and towards the building I had pointed out. 

I glanced back seeing the old man had left. I sighed and made my way up to the roof of the building and sat down, debating if I should go home or not. I tapped my foot against the ground, debating with myself. "If I go home now, I'm definitely getting grounded, and I'll probably never leave the house again.. should I go back now and maybe get a lighter punishment.. or make the most of it while I can?" I wondered.