Dick x reader: Family

Inspired by pic above i found on google.
Credit to whoever drew this!
~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah, I'll tell him. Thanks Alfie." I said sniffling, wiping my eyes.

"Thank you madam." I heard his voice crack slightly.

I hung up the phone and turned and walked towards our shared room. "Dick... it was Alfred. The funeral is next Saturday." I spoke through the door. I got no response, which was expected.

His brother, Jason died 2 nights ago, and he's been in mourning ever since we got the call. My brother, Wally came over a few times to check up on us. He tried getting Dick to at least leave the room, but no luck. I put my hand on the door knob, and slowly opened the door. The room was dark, the curtains were pulled shut, lights were off, and Dick was sitting on the bed, gripping his phone.

I then heard a click and Jay's voice was being played on the voice mail. It was an old message. "Hey Mr. Grayson... it's Jason. I wanted to... well. You're probably busy huh?... I had fun with the Titans. It kinda gets lonely wi-" it got cut and the next message began playing. "Hey, uh.. It's Jay again. I.... never mind. This was a bad idea. Sorry to bothe-" it got cut off again. Another message began playing, but it was complete silence.

"Dick." I called out to him softly as he covered his face with his left hand. I crawled onto the bed and sat next to him and wrapped my arms around him and pulled him onto me, and he buried his face into my shoulder, and I ran my fingers through his hair. I said nothing, but it's not like I could say anything. I never lost a brother or a family member like him. Hell, if Wally died I wouldn't want to talk to anyone either.

"I should've been a better brother." He whimpered and wrapped his arms around my waist and I kissed his head and continued running my fingers through his hair.

"I'm sure you-." I said and he cut me off.

"Yeah right. I was never around. I was always avoiding him, even though it wasn't his fault. I was angry that he was Robin because that was my thing. Bruce could've at least asked before-" he sighed and shook his head. "I'm an idiot." he mumbled and I said nothing and I pushed him off so I could see his face. His eyes were red, and dried tears were on his cheeks, and new ones were forming.

"You're right, you are an idiot." I said and kissed him.

"It wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known. If you did you would've done everything you could to save him." I whispered and kissed his cheeks. "I know there really is nothing I can say to make you feel better." I said looking at him and he shook his head and leaned his forehead on mine.

"I know, thanks for trying." he laughed a bit and sniffled. "Just stay with me for a while." he said burying his face into my chest, pulling me down onto the bed.

"Alright." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, not my best work.