Valentines Special! Part 1: Dick

"You want me, to help you, find Valentines gifts?" I asked looking at my best friend since Middle school as he was holding a box of (fav food) to bribe me with.

"Yes, I need your help." He said. "Please?" he asked pushing the box towards me.

"Dick, today is Valentines today, are you an idiot?" I asked. He didn't answer but silently pleaded my with those baby blue eyes of his.

"Fine. Come on in, do whatever while I change." I said closing the door behind him. "Actually, you've never had issues with Valentines before, what's wrong with this year?" I asked.

"This girl.. is different.." he said sitting on my couch.

"Whatever." I said going into my room to get changed.

I picked a simple outfit, jeans and a t-shirt and I kept my hair down. "So, where are we going to go gift hunting?" I asked.

"Well, first, I was thinking on finding somewhere to eat." Dick said as we exited my apartment complex.

"So, we're off to the mall?" I asked.

"Yup." he said smiling.

We got to the mall and went up to the food court. It was pretty late, so the lunch rush was over, but there were still a bit of people. "So, where are we eating?" I asked.

"I was thinking at a cafe or something, and not a full blown dinner or meal." he said.

"Is it because your broke?" I asked.

"At the moment yes." he said smiling and I rolled my eyes. 

"You better get some money for your date tonight then." I said looking at all the places to eat. "What does your crush like?" I asked

"Well, this girl likes (fav food).... so maybe that place?" He pointed to a cafe.

"Let's go." I said and nodded.

We were seated into a booth by a window that let us look over all of Gotham.

"May I take your order?" I heard a male voice and turned to see our waiter.

"I'll order for us." Dick said and pointed to a few things on the menu and the waiter nodded and left.

"So, tell me about this mystery crush that I don't know about." I teased him.

"Well, I've known her for a while. She's really fun, laid back and I love her laugh though she doesn't like it herself. She dresses kind of lazy, but I think its adorable that she dresses how she wants to." Dick gushed smiling to himself and I smiled in return listening to him blabber on and on about this girl. I had a crush on Dick, but I'm used to this feeling. He's been out with so much girls while I've been friend-zoned, so seeing him so lost with this girl is kind of refreshing, but still hurts since this might be the one.

Our food got here and I smiled and immediately began eating my food and the 2 of us talked about random things for about an hour as we ate. 

After our meal, we went walking around the mall. "So, are you gonna buy her chocolates and stuff?" I asked as we passed by a chocolate shop.