6. Fucked up

{Stan}

I watch her as she walks away. I fucked up again. Why do I always do this? I lower myself onto the stands and stare into the distance. Then someone comes and sits next to me and hopefully I look next to me. Max. I sigh and look in front of me again. "Are you mad?" asks Max. Sighing, I shake my head.

"No, take your chance. I would too." I sigh. Unfortunately I don't get a chance anymore. Why did I invent this whole brother thing? What dude would make that up to have a girl? I am so stupid. You'd expect me to be better at this, but all the girls at school just need a wink and they're under me.

"You know you can have another girl in five minutes, right?" Annoyed I sigh. That bastard doesn't get it! "I don't want another girl. I want her! But she's unreachable, even for me." I mumble. Then I look up and see Max grinning smugly. "Yes yes, you have her. You know, I don't care anymore. I'll walk with you, then you can choose my next one." I sigh.

Max chuckles. "Then you choose mine." I send him a furious look, but he doesn't see it. Well, I warned Nora.

********

Fuck.

I have a hangover again. I get up dizzy, looking for some water and preferably a paracetamol. Then I see the maid in my bed. I moan loudly. Not this hassle again. She giggles. "That sounded better last night." I roll my eyes.

Luckily she knows my rules and she's gone in five minutes. Sighing, I let myself fall on the bed. I check what time it is. Nine o'clock. What would Nora do now? Ugh, all I'm thinking about lately is Nora. What's wrong with me? I wouldn't be in love, would I? That's impossible. I, Stan Graey, don't fall in love.

I walk downstairs to eat a bowl of cornflakes. I'm shocked when I see Max sitting there. "Jesus, man! How long have you been here? And what are you doing here?" I snap. Aw, my head..."Well, as far as I know, you and those three girls brought me here last night. And we're at my house. So...' My eyes widen.

"What? Did you have three girls last night?" I exclaim. My little boy is growing up... "No! That third chick was yours. I only had two. Sometimes I just want to get some sleep at night, you know." he laughs. I laugh with you.

"And... Nora?" I ask very subtly. But yeah, otherwise Max will not understand. He shrugs. "Will come." he chuckles. I roll my eyes. "That is not what I mean. I mean you just cheated and how you're going to tell her." I explain to him.

"Tell her? What are you talking about? No, she knew before that I wasn't going to change..." He is interrupted by my fist on the table. "She didn't fucking know! She's been at school here for two weeks, she's not some chick to dump you again!" I bellow. He can't mean this!  

"How, calm down man! Okay, maybe she doesn't know, but I'm not going to tell her. You do it." he suggests. I roll my eyes. "Gosh, thank you. And besides, she's not going to believe me. Trust me. I tried to warn her."

He shrugs again. "Then I'll tell her later." I nod in relief. If he tells her I might have another chance...

**********

When I get to school the first thing I do is find Nora. I eventually find her by her locker. I don't see her face, it's hidden in Nell's neck. She seems to be sad.

Yep, Max has been clear here. I wonder if it's over. Probably when I see her like this...

I decide I can go there. Comfortingly, I place my hand on her back and move it in large circles. She looks at me with big, teary eyes. "It's all good, Stan. You were right. Do you want me to put it on a big sign by the highway or is this enough?" she snaps with split eyes. Okay, I deserved that one...

I shake my head. "No, Queen, no. I... I want to say sorry for yesterday. I shouldn't have said that and I shouldn't have been so stupid. Will... Can you forgive me?" I've never asked anyone to forgive me. Nellie knows that too, she looks at me in amazement but doesn't say anything. I should thank her later for that.

"And why would I do that?" she asks uninterested. This wasn't quite the reaction I expected. Then use my trump card. "Well, because I'm pretty. And well-built and every girl drools when she sees me."

She rolls her eyes and wants to run away, but I stop her. "And also because I've never asked anyone to be friends, never asked anyone to forgive me, and certainly not begged on my knees for anyone. I'm not going to do that now, by the way, but maybe later." I smile. What am I doing? I quickly turn my smile into a grin. I never smile at girls!

She nods. "Okay, I forgive you. On some conditions. You don't tell me what to do anymore. Your big ego needs to shrink when you're around me. And," she continues, after which she looks deeply into my eyes. " you keep Max away from me.' Then she smiles and walks away. I swallow. 

My ego isn't that big is it?