29. School

The feeling wakes me up.

Sighing, I open my eyes. I see Stan's still asleep and as silent as possible I get up. When I'm in the bathroom I see it's almost five a.m., so I decide to quickly change my tampon and go back to sleep.

Luckily, I placed everything I need and I'm done in less than three minutes. Just when I'm about to go back, I hear his scream.

"NO!"

I run back to the room and see him jerking under the sheets. He's sweating everywhere and he moves restlessly. I quickly get in the bed and touch his forehead. His skin is hot, too hot. I run back to the bathroom and fill a cup with water. 

When I'm back in the room, I pour it all over him. In two seconds he's awake, totally disoriented. "Queen?" he asks with a small voice, his eyes searching trough the room. I wave in his face and his expression goes from anxious to relieved. 

"Here I am." I whisper, sitting on his lap. I place my hands on his cheeks and he calms down. "It was horrible. You were with somebody else..." he whispers, his eyes show his pain. "Stan, that won't happen. I promise you, I'll always be yours." I say to comfort him, but I really mean it.

"Forever?" he asks and I nod. His smile is sad, but at least he does smile. "I promise you, I'll be yours for always. I love you, forever." I comfort him. Now his smile his happy. "I love you too." he answers and lies down again. 

I lie on his chest again and he seems to be uncomfortable. "Sure you're okay?" I ask, looking up at him again. He nods, but I see worry in his gaze. "You're not okay. Now, tell me." I demand. He sighs, looking at the ceiling.

"There's nothing new. I'm just wondering how I'm gonna survive without you. Not just for the nights, but all the time. I only can live when you're nearby, but you won't." he explains. "It's gonna be okay. We're gonna Facetime and call and text all the time." I promise him. 

He nods and closes his eyes again. He's fast asleep and so am I.

********

"Queen, you really have to wake up."

Sighing, I open my eyes. The first thing I see are Stan's green eyes, and I smile. He smiles back and gives me a soft kiss. "It's school, get up." he says.

I get up, but it was too fast. I cringe and run to the bathroom. Phew, didn't leak. I quickly replace my tampon before unlocking the door. Immediately, Stan's head pops trough the door. His eyes are closed. "Is it alright?" he asks. "Yes, come in." I giggle.

He opens his eyes and closes the door again after him. "Are you good?" he asks while changing his clothes. "I'm good. Are you?" I ask when I'm fully dressed. "I'm good as long as you're with me. I'll probably break on the plain, though." he says, and my body is paralyzed by pity.

I hug him and his shoulders start jerking, so I know he's sobbing. He turns around and his cheeks are covered by tears. "I..." he starts, but he can't finish. "I dreamed that you were marrying somebody else, and I was the best man. I just stood there and couldn't do anything." he sobs.

My eyebrows furrow. "That won't happen." I promise, again. "I know, but just the thought that it's possible. I'm yours for always because I can't love somebody else. But every guy looks at you and wants you. What if something happens when I'm gone?" His words are uncertain, but at least he stopped crying.

"What could happen? Everybody know I'm yours, and they won't try anything because they know you'll come after them." I say and he nods. He picks himself up and wipes his tears away. "You're right. Of course you are. You always are." he smiles.

He's dressed and we leave the bathroom. Just as we're about to go downstairs, I hear Alec laugh. Smiling, I open the door to see them cuddling. "Ahww, you guys are so cute!" I yell. Nell giggles and Alec smiles too. They look so happy!