7. Feelings?

I leave Stan and walk away. Nellie follows me and looks at me wide-eyed. "You know he's never really done that before, huh? He doesn't even ask me to forgive him if he embarrasses me again. He just expects everyone to forgive him anyway. So you just had a unique experience. I think..." She falls silent.

I turn and look at her questioningly. "I think he feels something for you." she whispers. She quickly glances around to see if Stan or anyone else has heard her.

"What are you thinking, girl? First; Stan doesn't like living things. Only cars and barbies. Second; even if he feels something for me, and that chance is less than zero percent, I still don't fall for it. He just wants me in his bed. And coincidentally, I also have a third; it's Stan. Your brother, remember? And I'm Nora. We are each other's polar opposites. He would never fall for me and never fall for him."

Nellie just stares at me with a raised eyebrow. "Whatever you want..." she murmurs. I look at her in surprise.

"And by the way. You don't want me to date him at all, do you? Then why are you acting like this?" She looks at me as if her answer is as clear as anything. "Well, I thought so too. But... You two fit together so well!" I want to protest but she won't let me. "And when you get married, my best friend will be my sister! That's fun isn't it?" she exclaims. I roll my eyes.

"If you had a nicer, sweeter brother, I'd say yes, but you don't, so I'm sorry." I chuckle. She shrugs. "And yet I ship you." I turn back to her.

"Oh no! Ships are only used with people who belong together! Like Bella and Edward, or Noah and Elle. Not with me and Stan. We're never going to be a couple. Not that I want to, he's a loser first class. No offense." She sighs. "And yet you two belong together. So tonight I'm going to look up ship names instead of doing homework. What a pity, but duty calls!"

Then she walks away and leaves me stunned. Does she mean this? I don't fit in at all with Stan. However?

Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Leave her, she's crazy." Stan whispers. My eyes widen and I'm glad I still have my back to him so he doesn't see the panic in my eyes. What exactly did he hear?

"What do you mean?" I ask, trying to keep my voice neutral. Slowly I turn around and he looks at me inquiringly. "That we fit together. She's crazy if she thinks that. Well, see you later!" He walks in the direction where Nellie disappeared and I am left confused. I just said the exact same thing, why does it hurt when he says it?

***********

I'm doing my math homework when Nellie sends a message. I think I already know what to expect...

Nellie: Listen uppppp

Nellie: So you pick 1 can't choose

Nellie: Stanora

Nellie: Storie

Nellie: Stana

Nellie: Nortan

Nellie: Eummmm

Nellie: Stan just kinda read that

My eyes widen. I quickly start typing.

Nora: you're kidding, righgt????

Nora: Nelliee

Nora: This is not funnyyyyy

Nellie: It's real

Nellie: Which one do you chooseeee

I want to turn off my phone and start screaming really loud into my pillow when I get a text from Stan. With a pounding heart I open it.

Sucker: Storie sounds best.

I frown.

Nora: What you want

Nora: We're never going to use it anyway, so that's fine.

I smile and close my book. I'll do math tomorrow. "Mom! I'm going to take a shower!" I shout downstairs. I crawl into the shower and let the hot water run off me. After half an hour the hot water is almost gone and I dry myself off.

I'm humming a Harry Styles song as I walk back into my room in a towel to put on my pajamas. Suddenly someone is humming along and I turn around as fast as I can.

I expect it to be my brother who is annoying at my desk again, but no one is there. "I'm sitting here." Stan waves from my bed. He is stretched out and of course his dirty shoes are on my beautiful pillow.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I hiss. I try to cover myself as much as possible, which doesn't work well. He frowns. 'Well, first of all, I expected a slightly more enthusiastic response. Girls normally always go crazy when they see me lying in their bed. And I'm here to ask you if you consider me more than friends, given those ship names and your little chat this afternoon." he says straight to the point. I sigh deeply and sink into my desk chair.

"Believe me, I don't see you as more than a friend. And that will never be the case. Somehow Nell thinks we're a good match, but I thanked her kindly. The thought of us two together, ew." I shiver to add my words.

He nods approvingly. "Okay, that's what I wanted to hear. I'll be gone again if you don't mind." Before I can answer, he has climbed through my window and is gone.

I feel like I've been holding my breath the whole time, so I take a deep breath. Then I get dressed and go to bed. Stan's smell overwhelms me and suddenly all I can think about is him. His smile, his eyes, his smell, his beautiful blue eyes... even his grin.

I quickly get up and break my trance. Could it be? Am I in love with Stan?

Nora: Emergency!!!!!

Nora: Call me

Nora: It's important

Nellie: Owkeyyy

Not much later Nellie calls and I immediately start to tell. About Stan's visit, my trance and my doubts. She starts to giggle.

"I told you so! OMG, we're going to be sisters! Can I please arrange your wedding? please?" she calls into the phone. I gently bring her back to reality.

"Sorry to interrupt your euphoric state, but we're talking about Stan, aren't we? He doesn't like anyone. Oh my God! Nellie, please tell me I'm not the goodgirl who likes the badboy. Ugh, I feel terrible." I complain.

"Come on, Stan can't help but fall for you. I mean, look at yourself! And by the way, don't forget what I said this afternoon, okay?' That's right. According to Nellie, Stan behaves completely differently around me. I don't know what to think anymore.

"I think I'll go to sleep." I mumble to Nellie. She chuckles. "Good. Sweet dreams," And then a lot quieter: "about Stan." My jaw drops, even though she can't see it. 'NELLY! Shut up!' I scream before I take off.

Soon I fall asleep and -yep- I dream about Stan.