20. Dream

{Stan}

I wake up sighing.

Strange, I've had no nightmares and yet Queen didn't sleep next-

Then I feel her warmth. She's here, with me. After all my terrible words, she's here after all. I look at her with my widest smile and she looks back with an equally big smile.

This is better than all the drinking and drugs I took to avoid getting used to the intense pain I was feeling. I can't count on one hand the times I went to school stoned and my behavior was too bad for words. But then don't take my queen from me either.

"Slept well?" she asks with a laugh.  "Fantastic." I answer. I lie on my back, with my head on her lap, looking up at her face. Her finger runs gently over my cheek and I feel warm by her touch. Fuck, I love her so much!

"How long did I sleep?" I ask, frowning when I see it's already dark outside. "About three hours." she smiles. Three hours?! Did I sleep all the time and ruin our time? It was good, I must admit.

"Sorry, Queen. I didn't mean to waste all our time." I apologize. I wish I could have done something else with her! Thoughtlessly, I brush a strand of hair from her face.

"It's okay, Stan. You needed it and I'm glad I'm here with you. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as it's together." she reassures me with a smile.I still don't feel quite right about it but let it go.

"Do you want to do anything now or do you have to go home?" I ask as I glance at the alarm clock. 6.56 pm Almost seven. She starts to giggle and I feel like I'm missing something. "Who says I'm going home?" she asks with a laugh. My eyes widen and my widest smile appears.

"You're staying for the night?" I scream. I'm really getting too excited about this, but my queen is going to sleep! Finally, after three weeks of pain, I am rewarded. She nods and I give her a hug.

Our moment is interrupted by a knock on the door. Sighing, I get off Nora and open the door. Nell stands there smiling. "Hi brother! Is your queen there?" she asks, looking around me. Something is bubbling inside me. "Nora is indeed here. And who said you can call her queen?" I ask sharply. She looks at me for a moment.

"Well, you never said it wasn't allowed. But okay, if you're so jealous I won't do it again. So, is Nóra there?" she asks, emphasizing "Nora". I roll my eyes and let her in.

"Jesus, that guy is jealous." I hear her whisper to my queen. I decide to go a step further and throw my arms around Nora possessively. She crawls into my lap and I lean against her contentedly. Nellie rolls her eyes, but I don't care.

"Come on, Stan. You don't have to hold her like that, she won't run away." she complains. I shrug and press my nose into Nora's neck. She giggles. "My god, I'm so single." moans Nellie. "The one will come to you too." smiles queen. I'm freezing. She said she didn't believe in that!

"What is it, Stan? You look like you've seen a ghost." Nell asks anxiously. I turn Queen around so she's looking at me and stare at her.

"You... You said the right one will come to Nell "also"... Does that mean... you think I'm the one now?" I ask if she doesn't understand. She nods and my eyes widen. My widest smile reappears and I pull her into a hug.

"Still single here, though." my sister sighs. "Well, if you're here all the time you won't find much." I say. She looks up and thinks for a moment. "Okay, Nora, do you want to go out with guys tomorrow?" she asks. Nora looks at me questioningly, as if she needs permission. I raise my hands.

"Hey, you get to choose what you do. Just because I'm your boyfriend doesn't mean I have to control everything about you. As long as you don't take any boys home, I'll be happy for a long time." I say. She nods and crawls back onto my lap, her back against my chest. I wrap my arms around her again.