57. Together

A week.

I've been a week with Nell and didn't hear a thing from him.

I'm sobbing again in the kitchen as Nell walks in. Her big belly annoys her, but she still works. Her eyes soften as she sees me sitting at the table. She hugs me and I calm down again.

I told her and Alec about the baby. They think it's fantastic and together we decided I should them him Christmas eve, if we get our problems solved by then. It's still a week from now.

Something hits me. Tomorrow is Stans big surgery!

Just as I wanna tell Nell about it, the doorbell rings. She sighs and roll her eyes. She walks away and I hear her gasp when she opens the door.

"Nell." he mutters. I can't see him, but he sounds tired and broken.

"What are you doing here?" Nell asks, her tone not quite warm.

"I need to see her. I've been to her parents house, but she wasn't there. I checked every hotel in this goddamn city, but the only place she can be, is here. Please, I need her."

It's enough. I stand up and walk trough the hallway. As soon as he sees me, he starts crying. I frown and quicken my pace. I hug him and he holds me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Queen. I'm sorry I yelled at you. I'm sorry I didn't let you finish your sentence. You can do whatever the hell you want. Just come back to me. I need you. I love you." he sobs, his voice broken.

His grip is tight, and almost killing me. "Stan... air." I gasp and he stiffens, letting go of me. "Gosh, I'm so sorry!" he calls, his hand over his mouth. I take a good look at him. His clothes are... a chaos, let's call it that. His eyes are wide with panic and there are huge bags under it.

I gently take his hand in mine and lead him in, pushing him on the couch. I sit down and he lies, which leads to him lying on my lap. He makes circles on my leg and seems comfortable. He starts talking before I do.

"You want to study to become a teacher?" he asks and I nod. "Yeah. You were kinda right, four years ago. Accountancy is boring. I think of maybe becoming a coach for rugby, since that was our sport." I explain and he sighs.

"Damn. I really should have let you finish. Queen, I don't care if you works with me or not. Do what you think you wanna do. Just... I would be happy if you stayed with me. You don't have to, I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry." His voice is lower than a whisper.

My hands run trough his hair and his eyes close. Cute. "Of course I stay with you, Stan. I love you. And I forgive you, because now you understand and apologize. And I think this really is where I belong." I tell him and he nods.

"Okay. I'm sorry." he says again and I giggle. "I know you are. Stop apologizing, one or two times is enough, if you mean it." I say and he shrugs. "I mean it."

"Good. Then stop apologizing and go to sleep." I tell him and he shakes his head, sitting up again. "I'm not tired." His voice is hoarse.

I raise an eyebrow and he sighs, looking down. "How long did you sleep at all, last week?" I ask and he doesn't answer at first. Then, he looks up at me. "Maybe eight hours.." he shrugs. I gasp and pull him to me, his head on my chest.

He breathes in deeply and closes his eyes again. "Why do you always torture yourself?" I whisper and he slightly shrugs, probably too tired for a real answer. I give him a kiss on his forehead and he smiles a lazy smile. "Sleep. I love you. It's all good." I keep repeating that as he falls asleep.

It's good to have him back in my arms. I missed him so much, and he clearly did the same. His breathing is slow, but sometimes he sobs a little. It's not a real nightmare, but every time he sobs I make sure his frown disappears.

I kiss his cheek. His broad smile appears on his face. "Queen..." he mumbles, happily. His hand squeezes mine and his eyes flutter. He's waking up. I smile and he opens his eyes, having trouble waking up. I kiss him awake and as he sits up, smiling. You can just see his happiness.

"You're cute when you're happy," I say and he rolls his eyes teasingly. "I'm always cute." he smirks. When I look at him, he still seems tired. "Let's go home, yes?" I ask and he nods.

I stand up and I see panic in his eyes. Ahw. I frown, but walk over to the kitchen. I smile on the inside as I hear his quick footsteps behind me. He sighs relieved and hugs me from behind. "Here you are." he sighs and kisses my neck.

"I'm just taking my stuff to go home." I tell him and I feel him nod in my neck, still kissing it. "Good. I don't want to go home alone." he confesses and I turn around, facing him. "You don't have to. I'm coming with you." I comfort him and he nods. "I know."

I smile and hug him. Then, I let go of him and walk to the front door. He runs after me. "Jesus, woman! You walk way too fast for me! I'm tired, you know." he grins and I roll my eyes. And I'm pregnant, so what?

I get in the car and he fastens his pace to get in, too. "Stop walking so fast." he groans in frustration. I just smirk and he starts to drive.

"I waited for you." he whispers after a few moments of silence and my heart drops. "The first night, I slept on the couch. I don't know how, but I fell asleep waiting for you. And when I woke up in the morning, you weren't there." he whispers. I feel bad.

"I'm sorry." I take his hand in mine and he looks at me, tears fill his eyes. "Don't be. It's not your fault. Don't be sorry." he frowns. I nod and wipe his tears away.

We're home and I get out, not waiting for him. I think it's kinda funny he follows me every where, but a part of me also thinks it's bad of me for playing with him. So I wait for him inside.

His eyes light up as he sees me and he smiles. He takes his hand in mine and together, we walk to our apartment. "You're really way too fast for me." he jokes and I shake my head, laughing.

We get in and he in and I gasp. There's chaos everywhere. "I'll clean up tomorrow." he promises me. I scoff. "Of course. I won't clean it up. It's all for you." I sweetly smile and he sighs. "Yeah..."

I walk in the bedroom and feel a little relieved there's not a mess in here. He stumbles in and walks to me. "I love you." he smiles. I melt and hug him. "I love you too." I smile and he brights up.

"Sleep?" I ask and he nods. He lies down in the bed, not caring for his clothes, and invites me. I shake my head, but sit down next to him. He frowns. "I thought you wanted to sleep together?" It's a question, not an understatement. I nod and he smiles again.

"I'm just putting on a pyjama. I'll be back in a minute." I tell him before standing up and walking to the bathroom.

I put on my pyjama and walk back to the bedroom, hearing his snoring. I gasp and run into the room. Shaking him awake, I lie down next to him. "... No..." he gasps.

"I'm here. Shh." I say and I hug him. He pulls me on his chest and smiles a cocked smile. "I know you're here. I can tell the difference." he smiles and I melt. I snuggle my face in his chest and he closes his eyes again. "Finally together again.." he mumbles before falling asleep.

I smile and close my eyes. He's right. It took long enough to be together again. I yawn and fall asleep.

Together.

*********

Thoughts? <3