55. Gone

{Nell}

Stan looks terrible.

He sits on the couch. The TV is on, but he's not looking at it. He's looking at the pics with Nora on his phone.

"Bro, she'll be back in less than 24 hours. Don't be so dramatic." Alec tells him and Stan shoots him a glare.

"I know she'll come back. But that doesn't mean I like it." he growls, after which he looks back at his phone again.

"Whoah, someone's grumpy." Alec mumbles. He walks towards me and picks me up, pulling me on his lap. He gives me a kiss and Stan rolls his eyes.

He doesn't say anything though. He knows I'm happy with Alec. And maybe you wouldn't say it, but they became best friends in these four years.

I look back at Stan and see he's getting tired. His eyes flutter closed once in a while and he slumps in the couch.

"Stan, do we have to leave so you can sleep?" I ask and his eyes snap open. He sits up straight again and shakes his head.

"No! No, no. Please, please. Stay." he pleads. Alecs eyes soften too when he hears Stans desperation in his voice. "Where's Flash?" he asks.

Stan shrugs. "I don't know... I don't want it." he says and I frown. "It helps you. Why don't you want it?"

He shrugs again. Alec stands up and walks to the hallway. "Stan, tell me. Why don't you want it?" I ask again and his eyes start to water.

"I don't really know... I guess it just smells like Queen and it makes me miss her even more." he explains, and he wipes his tears away.

Alec returns with Flash in his hands and I smile. Even though he thinks it's ridiculous, he still cares. "Here you go." He gives Flash to Stan. Stan looks relieved and smells at it.

"Sweetheart, I'm gonna sleep. You'll come in a couple of minutes?" Alec asks me and he winks. I nod and notice that Stan shivers. Alec leaves and Stan looks up at me.

"You can go if you want." he tells me, but I shake my head. "What about we call Nora?"

His eyes light up, but then he slumps back into the couch. "She probably doesn't want me to call." he whispers and I frown. "Of course she does. She probably is waiting for your call." I tell him.

"Really?" I nod. He takes his phone out of his pocket and Facetimes her. She picks up almost immediately.

"Hey baby!" I hear her say. "Say hello to everybody!"

"Hey everybody. Hey Queen." He smiles a crooked, in love smile. I melt when I look at him. He's so happy with her.

"I hope I'm not calling at a bad time and interrupting something?" he frowns. I hear her laugh.

"You never interrupt! We're doing another activity in five minutes, so you're calling at the perfect time!"

He smiles and they chat a little. I snap my fingers to get his attention and his gaze shifts, unwillingly, to me for a second. 'I'm going' I mouth and he nods.

I walk to our bedroom and see Alec lying in bed, his yummy sixpack bare. "Are you sleeping?" I ask, whispering. He shakes his head, but I see he's sleepy.

I quickly put on his shirt ane join him in bed. He wraps his arms around me and gives my belly a kiss. "Goodnight, both of my babys." he mumbles, then falls asleep. I smile.

(A/n it's not twins he meant Nell and the baby.)

My eyes close and I'm almost asleep when I hear a soft sound come from the living room. What's happening there?