67. Come back

It's done

It's done.

Finally, we're done.

I get out of the surgery room and sigh relieved. I can finally go home. But unfortunately, a journalist stops me.

"How are you feeling, Stan Graey?" he asks. A camera is pointed on my face. I freeze. I've never done an interview before.

"Uh... Good, I think? I'm actually on my way to my girlfriend," I smile when I mention Nora.

"Ah! Nora Devreez? Your girlfriend? How is the relationship?" he asks. I smile broadly.

"Fantastic, actually. Thanks for asking. We're in a really good place right now, and I hope we're staying there. But I'm convinced it'll stay that way," I smile.

"Doesn't she work here too?" he asks.

"Yes, but she isn't a nurse or doctor. She works as my assistant," I tell him. "But she could have been a doctor. She's smart enough," I add, smiling.

I know she'll laugh when I say this. She is smart enough for it, but she just didn't study this.

"Is it serious between you two?" he asks. I hesitate. Shall I say I'm planning on proposing? Soon?

"Yes, it is, actually," I smile instead. Don't want to ruin the surprise....

He nods and walks away, the camera man following him. I sigh relieved and go home. I'm happy to be home, Nora is here. I missed her too much today, it's probably not healthy. But, who am I to care?

I open the door. It's dark here, with just a few little dim lights. The TV is on, and she's lying on the couch. I walk over to hear, immediately smiling as I see her. I kneel down next to the couch, softly caressing her hair. The credits of the film are showing, it was Titanic.

"Come back, come back," I whisper in a high pitched voice and she giggles, turning around. She reaches for me and I hug her. "Hey, Queen. How was your day?" I ask, after I gave her some kisses. She shrugs.

"I made new ice cream for tonight," she smiles and I chuckle. "Let's start, then," I suggest and she nods happily. I pick her up and she snuggles into my chest. I love that.

I give her a kiss and settle us in bed, the Tv already turned on. The intro of Twilight starts and for once, I stare at the screen. It can't be that bad.

Queen knows all the lines, of course, and is saying them with Edward. I roll my eyes, but keep watching the movie. It's actually a good movie.

Her eyes flutter close now and then and her lines become mumbling. I wrap the blanket around her, but since she practically clinged herself to me it's wrapped around us. I give her a kiss on the head and she smiles.

The movie is just thirty minutes any more, I can watch it as well. Her breathing is even, and I love it. I love it that I'm not always the first one to fall asleep, that she isn't waiting for me to sleep to relax.

Smiling, I give her a kiss and watch the rest of the movie.

-A few hours later

I open my eyes.

"Hi bab-" I start, but Stan shuts me up with a look. "Shut up. That asshole of a werewolf didn't show up at her wedding, but here he is and now he gets all her attention. Poor Edward," he groans, staring at the screen.

Wow.

How long have I been out?

"You watched all the movies?" I ask, not believing him. "Yeah. I feel horrible," he sighs, still watching the movie. "At least Lyn will be happy," I giggle and he chuckles, tucking me to his chest.

I give him a kiss and watch the screen. We're in the same team. "So, an Edward comforter?" I beg and he finally looks at me. "Hell no. I may have an addiction, but not that bad," he says. I sigh. I tried....

"And? Team vampire or team werewolf?" I ask and he laughs. "Is that a real question? Who the hell would be team werewolf?" he chuckles. I shrug.

(A/N to all of team werewolf: leave. No. Leave.)

"Favorite vampire?"

"Would be Emmett. He's as strong as me, and kinda funny," he answers and I start laughing.

"You think you're as strong as Emmett? Oh, poor you," I laugh and he rolls his eyes.

"Can we skip to the next question?" he asks and I giggle.

"Okay... favorite movie?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I haven't seen them all yet, but for now it's the first one," he says. I'm surprised.

I thought he would pick Eclipse, for the fights. "Why?" I ask. "Because it all starts there. The danger, the bloody vibes and the romance," he smiles.

He's so soft. I would say and innocent but he's not. I giggle at the thought.

"You know, I love you," I say and he smiles broadly. He shakes his head, still smiling. Then, he turns us around and hangs above me. "I love it when you say you love me. It makes me wanna explode with happiness," he confesses, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

My eyes soften. "Stan, don't explode. I need you," I giggle. He rolls his eyes and lies down next to me. "I just expressed my feelings and you start laughing," he sighs. He turns on his side.

"Ahhhh, is my Stan a little mad?" I ask with a baby voice. He sighs. I climb over him until I'm on top of him and he sucks in a breath. "I'm not mad," he gulps. I raise an eyebrow.

He turns around and now I'm straddling his body. He gulps again. I teasingly hit his hard one and he moans a little. I get off him. "I'm sorry, no sex. I'm pregnant," I say, trying to sound serious.

"Ah, come on!" he shouts. I shrug, giggling. "But you said..." he whines. "What did I say?" I ask, still giggling. "Nevermind. If you say no, it's a no. I don't want to hurt you," he mumbles.

He switches of the lights and crawls back into bed. He gives me a kiss and pulls me on his chest. "Goodnight Queen. I love you," he whispers. "I love you too, Stan. And I was playing," I whisper back.

"I know. But a no is a no," he whispers, sounding sleepy.

He's so sweet.

**********

Sorry

No smut

Oop

I'm having inspiration for the sequel (from their kids) but I'm not gonna start it yet cus it's a spoiler for this book.

Thoughts? <3

xxx