61. Christmas

It's Christmas eve.

I'm nervous. Tonight I'll tell him that I'm pregnant.

He raises an eyebrow at me, knowing I still have a present.

I giggle and look at him.

He picks up my present and sits back on the couch. Nell winks at me and Alec smirks. They know how nervous I am about this.

He opens it and chuckles when he sees the beer opener. Best boyfriend/Nobel prize winner is graved in it.

I smile and he looks back in the box. Here it comes....

His eyed widen and he takes the babycloth out of it. His jaw drops.

He looks at me, confused. Then he look back at the cloth and reads what's on it.

Mini-King or Queen coming!

He frowns and reads it again

He frowns and reads it again. He's so slow sometimes. Partypooper.

He looks at me again. His eyes are wide, unreadable and flicker between my face and stomach. I smile and nod. His jaw drops even more and he stiffs.

Is he okay with it?

I feel insecure and wait until he says something. He seems to process it.

Then he jumps up and pulls me in a hug. His grip is tight, but not too tight. When he lets go of me again, he grabs my shoulders and looks in my eyes. They are watering and his shoulders start to shake. "You're... pregnant?" he asks and I nod, a little hesitantly.

He jumps up a little, but he still holds my shoulder. Tears stream down his cheeks and he puts a hand over his mouth. "I'm gonna be a dad?" he asks and I nod again. He sobs and now I'm scared. He doesn't react like how I expected him to at all.

He hugs me again and starts sobbing harder. "I love you so fucking much. You're pregnant." he tells me when he pulls away again. He takes both my hands in his and looks in my eyes. "You're pregnant." he says again and I giggle. "I know."

"Can I...?" He hesitantly reaches out his hand, but stops halfway. "Of course you can." I take his hand and place it on my stomach. He gasps. Then looks up at me, still feeling, and smiles.

I let out a breath of relief and smile back. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. Then he turns around, him facing Alec and Nell, and smirks. "I'm gonna be a dad!" he yells. I giggle and rest my head on his shoulder.

He moves his head so he can whisper something in my ear. "Is it a kitchen-baby or a douche-baby?" he grins and I smile up at him. "Probably the livingfloor." I whisper and he chuckles.

"I love you so fucking much. How long did you know?" he asks and I shrug. "A week or two, something like that." I answer and his eyes widen. "Two weeks? And you didn't mention anything?" He looks shocked by the idea.