8. Kissy kiss

The next morning at school is torture. I have a math test that I only half learned because Stan kept thinking about it. Then Nellie would spend the whole time swapping her gaze between Stan and me, raising and lowering her eyebrows insinuatingly. Until Stan realized it and looked at me questioningly. I pretended I didn't know about it and walked around with red jaws for the rest of the day.

How could I be so stupid to fall for Stan? I know he's not on me, it'll just have to pass. Maybe I should ask Nell to go out tonight...

"Hey, Queen." I hear behind me. I freeze, but don't show it. What is he doing here? I turn around smiling. "Hey, Stan." I answer politely. He gives me a weird look but then forget it. "Do you know why Nell is acting so weird? Is it still because of that stuff yesterday or is there something else?" he asks worriedly. Ahw, he's worried about his sister. Cute.

"I don't know exactly either. She was acting so weird in class just now." I say, glad I can talk my way out of that hassle in class. He nods. "Okay, then I'll leave you." He walks away, but changes his mind and turns back. "Maybe you want to come over tonight? By then Nellie can probably act normal again." Why did I think he was going to ask me out? I nod and he really walks away.

*******

I stand at their door and take a deep breath. 

Then I ring the bell and Stan opens the door. My stomach is doing a  flip, but in a good way. Man, I am in love.

'Hi, Stan. Can I come in?' He shakes his head and blocks the way. I roll my eyes. As much as I like him, he's still annoying. He looks into my eyes and I see something flicker, but I can't place it.

"And what do I get if I let you through?" he asks defiantly. I shrug. I just want to move on. "Okay, a kiss and you can go on. And no excuses, a real one on my lips." To reinforce his words, he points to his mouth. Why does that dude always want to kiss?

Well, not that I mind... My cheeks are glowing.

"Fine." I roll my eyes, but I really don't want to. I lean forward and his mouth touches mine. He immediately opens his mouth and wraps his arms around my waist. It feels intimate and wonderful.

Okay, I didn't expect this when he said a kiss...

I hear someone inhale sharply and break free. In the doorway, Nellie is jumping up and down. I quickly run up the stairs and wait in her room. Nell enters not much later and closes the door. Then she walks to the bed and looks at me expectantly. It amazes me how calm she stays below.

"So, I came here and Stan opened the door. I wanted to continue but he stopped me and wanted to get something to let me through. So then he asked for a kiss and I gave it to him because well, I like him And then he grabbed my waist and it was very intimate but nice." Nellie looks at me thoughtfully. She begins to speak softly.

"Normally Stan never kisses in front of the door here, because our parents can see the front door from the living room. But he never takes them to his room either. As far as I know there is still never been a girl in his room, other than me and mom of course. And not that I know much about it now but I don't think he ever gets that intimate with a girl. It's either sex or a bet. But  with you he did so soft, so tender. Well, I told you. He feels something for you."

'Of course.' I say.

{Stan}

'Of course.' Nora says sarcastically.

Why doesn't she believe Nellie? It would make this so much easier. I have no idea what I'm doing. Just when she kissed me, I didn't expect her to do it. I expected her to protest and push me aside. But she didn't. She just kissed me.

I've never kissed a girl like Nora just before. Here on the doorstep, but also so intimate. Normally it's just pure lust, but with her I felt something different. I don't know what it was. I walk away when I hear Nora yelling for Nellie to shut up. 

I get it, I'd be ashamed too if I was in love with someone like myself. How can I show her that I like her, too? I've never felt this before, how am I supposed to know what to do? Maybe I should ask Nellie...