41. New

Laughing, walk out of her office.

So, this is my new workplace. I will do the accountancy of this city's newest hospital, Graey's Anatomy.

Pls tell me you get the joke

Tomorrow, I'll start. So that makes me having time to spend with my boyfriend. Well, fiancé actually. He finally proposed!

So, my life's good. I have a great job, the best fiancé and I live in a beautiful house.

But... There will always be a part of my heart that belongs to Stan Graey. After he left to go to college in Italy four years ago, I haven't seen him a single time. Not even on Alec's and Nellie's wedding. It was rude.

I heard he was back In Belgium, but I don't care. That sucker mustn't think he still has a chance with me.

I'm happy for Alec and Nell, though. They're married and Nell is pregnant with their first child. In three months, I'll be an aunt!

I walk to the elevator when I bump into someone. I look up and give that man an angry look. He walks past me and I look around. So here I'm gonna spend the next few years. The bling from the elevator pings, about a hundred feet away.

I see him as soon as he sees me. I freeze, and he does the same. His eyes are wide with confusion and shock, and I know mine mirror them. This isn't real, is it? Nell didn't told me anything about him being a doctor in this hospital.

Graey's Anatomy? Of course it isn't Nell who's in charge of that name! Nell wouldn't use such a stupid name!

Stan blinks a few times, then turns around and runs to Nellie's office. I hear yelling and cringe. To spend some time, I text him.

Me: Hows work?

Maxie<3: Good. Hows urs?

Me: Just saw S.

Maxie<3: NO WAY!

Maxie<3: What did he say?

Me: Nothing, really

Me: He just froze and then ran off to scold Nell lol

Maxie<3: Mjeh, sounds like his previous self

I laugh and shake my head. Then, the door opens and Nell beckons me. I shrug. I haven't seen him leaving her office, but maybe I was just not paying attention.

But when I walk in, I see him sitting in a chair. His leg is shaking and he looks anxious. That's good.

"Yes?" I ask, sitting in another chair. Nell smirks when Stan crinkles uncomfortable in his chair. "I do not like this." he mumbles. I grin.

"That's too bad. 'Cause she's your personal assistent." Nell chuckles. I look up. This is not what we discussed. "WHAT?" His voice sounds small, and I hear the fear in it. "Yes. Conversation closed." Nell says, and I wonder why he doesn't debate her. He's listening to Nell?

I shrug. I mean, it's not that I still feel something for him. Do I still feel something for him?I don't know and I don't wanna know. I'm happy with Max. He's good for me and doesn't place his career above me.

"Nell..." he sighs, but it's the tiniest bit of protest. She shakes her head. His bleeper beeps and he looks almost too relieved and leaves the room. When he's gone, Nell and I start laughing.

"He's so not comfortable." Nell giggles. It's good to still have her, to not have lost her too. She helped me trough the break and chose my side. But I don't think he blames her.

"So, why does he listen to you?" I ask and she shrugs.

{Stan}

My mind is fucked up.

The elevator doors open and I step out. I see her as soon as she sees me. I freeze, and she does the same. My eyes show my confusion and shock, but hers mirror them.

As soon as I can move again, I run to Nell's office. This can't be happening! "Nell!" I pant and she lets me in. "Nora is here! I-" I'm cut short by her grin.

"You did this... for what?" I yell and she giggles. "Stan you have to shoot your shot now. She's engaged to Max. To fucking Max! If you don't do anything now, you'll loose her forever." she says, and it makes sense. Going to Italy and break up with her was the most stupid decision ever made.

Then she opens the door and beckons her. Oh no... I hope my love for Nora isn't visibly on my face, otherwise I'm screwed. My leg can't stop shaking and I feel nervous.

Nora comes in and I look down, or I will drool. Dammit! She still has me wrapped around her magical fingers. "I don't like this." I try to say, but it comes out like whisper. Fuck!

"That's too bad! 'Cause she's your personal assistent." Nell grins. I freeze. No! I can't handle to look all day at her, because I'm always reminded that she's not mine. Not anymore.

"WHAT?" I ask confused. She can't do that to me! "Yes. Conversation closed." she says and I sigh. Nell has me wrapped around her 'lil finger too. If I don't listen to her, she'll spill all the tea about my feelings to Nora.

My bleeper goes and I stand up immediately, glad I can leave this room with my annoying sister and the love of my life.

I run away and hear them laughing. Puh. I was acting pretty normal, I think. It wasn't that bad...