56. Changes

We're home.

I guess I should start asking questions.

"So.... Mia was on the trip.." I say and he tenses, looking at me. "What did that bitch do?" he groans. "She... told me she only stayed there because she threatened you. With the fact that..." I hold my breath for a minute, looking at him, but there's no expression on his face.

"With the fact that she would tell me you two slept together. She didn't say when, though. And on the plane back, Max sat next to me. He told me he got texts right after him and I broke up, he thinks they're from you." I blurt it all out in once.

He stands up, seeming astonished.

"What?" he breathes out. "You're going fast, Queen."

I sigh. "Let's start with Mia." I say and he nods. "She told me she only kept her job because she threatened you, with the fact that she would tell me you two slept together."

He gasps and sits down next to me again. He looks straight in my eyes, and I don't see a single doubt. "And you believed it?" He sounds almost hurt. I shrug. "I don't know... I was just very emotional at the moment and then she said that..." I trail off.

"Why were you emotional?" he asks, looking concerned now. Then, something hits him and he shakes his head. "Nevermind. Queen, I did not sleep with Mia. Not in those four years, not in the month we're together and not in the lifetime we'll spend together." he says, deadly serious, and I gasp. He's so sweet... will he stay like this?

I give him a small smile and he opens his arms, inviting me. I sit down on his lap and hug him. "I'm sorry I questioned it." I whisper and he hugs me tighter. "Don't worry. I don't blame you. Just remember, she's a bitch that tries to tear us apart. She's jealous. Just like Max was in high school.... Oh, didn't you say something about Max?" he reminds me and I cringe.

"Yeah. I was sitting next to him on the plane back." I tell him and I feel him tense, again. "What did he say? Oh! did he kiss you?" He turns me around, fear and worries locked in his eyes. "No! No, he did not kiss me. I didn't do anything with him. Don't worry, I wouldn't do that to you." I comfort him, and he relaxes a bit.

"But..." I mutter and his eyes fill with worries again. "There's a but?" he asks and I nod. "He told me he got these weird texts, telling him to not talk to me again." I say. He's not looking at me.

"Did you do it?" I whisper. He gulps. "Yes." His voice is lower than a whisper, but I hear him clearly. I gasp and he cringes at the sound. "You told him that he could not talk to me again?" I shout. He nods. That's all.

"Why?" My voice is soft, but I'm mad. He sighs. "He just... I knew you weren't broken as you were when we broke up. I knew you would be mad, but I couldn't stop myself. I couldn't lose you again. To him." His voice is on the edge of hoarse. When I tilt his head to look at me, his eyes are teary and full of guilt.

"I know I shouldn't have done it. But I... I love you, and you loved me. It was... I didn't want him to come and get you and me being without you again." His sentence begins good, but at the end he's almost sobbing. "I'm sorry."

My brow furrow. He's sorry. He tried to stop himself. He didn't want me to leave. "Why did you say I loved you?" I ask instead of telling him the truth. He looks up at me, wiping his tears away. "Because I don't know if you can forgive me for this." he whispers.

My madness floods away. All I feel is love and melting for him. "I forgive you. I love you." I tell him and as he looks at me, he's crying again. Happy tears. "Are those happy tears?" I ask, smiling. I'm still melting. I swear, if he doesn't stop, I'll drool all over the floor.

"Yes. Those are happy tears. Because I love you and I forgive you too." he says. I play with his hair and frown. "Why do you have to forgive me? I didn't do anything wrong." I frown. He smirks and I know a non-serious answer will come.

"Because you have me wrapped around your finger so much, you let me cry almost every day just by saying how much I mean to you. You really have to stop that." he says. I roll my eyes. "What. So I should just stop saying that I love you and how much you mean to me?" I raise an eyebrow and his eyes widen.

"No! That's not what I meant! Keep doing that. Please. Just stop making me cry." he shouts, trying to make up his mistake. I shrug. "Okay, I won't say that I love you to you anymore." I shrug and get off his lap.

I'm obviously just playing, but he doesn't seem to notice it. He stands up, startled, and his eyes are wide as saucers. "No! I love you! Tell me you love me too, please." he almost pleads. I take his hands and pull him to me.

His eyes are big, begging me to say it. I giggle and caress his cheek. "I love you." I tell him and he sighs, relieved. "You have to stop misusing me. My heart will just stop working one day because of your games." he sighs, laying his head on my lap. He looks up at me, and I down at him.

He wipes his dry tears away. "Stop testing me, I'm serious." he laughs. I smile and give him a kiss. "I love you," I whisper and he smiles broadly. "You have no idea how much I like it when you say that." he whispers.

"Let's cook dinner together. I missed that yesterday." he suggests and I nod, standing up. He takes my hand and smiles, walking to the kitchen.

While we're cooking, he tells me about some big surgery he has next week. I don't understand the most terms, but I do understand it's super important. ".... so, basically, we need to change his Pancreas, but that's never done before and we get the honor..."

I frown. "Where's our pancreas?" I ask and he sighs, his head falling down as if I'm hopeless. "Queen, really?" he asks and I shrug. "It's in your stomach. Here." He lays his hand on my stomach, and I silently beg he doesn't feel my belly. "Ah." I answer and he lets go.

"Come on, let's eat." I say and sit down. He sits down in front of me and smiles as he begins to eat. I take a deep breath. "Stan.." I begin, but stop as I see his face.

"We're not done?" he asks and I hesitantly shake my head. "I did some thinking on the plane and... I..uh... I want to go to college again." I blurt it out and his forks falls down on his plate. "You want to... why?" He seems confused.

I take another deep breath. "So, I wanna become a teacher. Maybe a coach from the rugby team in a high school and-" I'm curt short by his burst out in anger.

"You're working with me! Why would you change that? It's been nice as long as it took, I guess. So this is you now? Switching from place to place? You're unbelievable, Nora!"

Nora.

I stand up and walk trough the door without saying another word.

********

Sorry not sorry

xxx