38. Replaced

{Stan}

She just... replaced me?

I watch her as she's laughing with that dude. I came here, surprising her, to show her I can't live without her. But apparently, she can.

I turn around and run away, away from Nora and that dude. I run as hard as I can, and in no time I'm home. "Stan! How did it go? Where's Nora?" Nellie frowns, but I can't answer.

"She... I..." I start to sob and run upstairs. I slam my door and lie on my bed, staring at the wall.

Did she even love me?

If yes, how did she replace me so fast?

Who even is that dude?

My doubts are too much and I start crying again. I can't even hit that guy, because he makes her happy. I can't force her to be with me, if she's happier with that dude. Still, it hurts. It's worse than when we were on a break in October, because that was my fault.

I hear a knock on the door and wait until the person gets in. The door opens and I hear her gasp. "Stan! What happened?" Nell asks. I shrug, still staring at my wall. "She replaced me with some dude." I whisper, trying to not let my voice break again.

"Oh..." she sighs, coming in. The door closes again and my room is filled with darkness. Then, Nell turns on the light. "Aw, come on!" I shout. She sighs again and sits on my bed, looking at me.

"Stan, you've been in here for three hours and didn't say anything. What happened, and I wanna know everything. Or I'll call Nora." she says. I sit up and look at her with my watered eyes.

"I went looking for her, to surprise her. But when I was at the park, I saw her with some dude, laughing. She looked happy." I start sobbing again. She hugs me, which comforts me a little.

"I'll call her." she says and I shake my head. "No, don't tell her." I beg. "I wasn't. Just checking if she's lying about it." she answers while searching Nora's phone number in her phone.

"Hi!" I hear Queen's beautiful voice say.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Nell asks.

"Ow, nothing special. Just hanging out." she answers. And there goes my hope...

"With who? Alec?" Nell asks, trying to sound neutral.

"No, just some friends. Anyway, I gotta go. Talk to you later!" she says and hangs up.

So that was it. 'Just some friends'. Our relationship is over.

I start sobbing again and Nell hugs me. "I... just... Why?" I try to manage out. She shrugs, and just then my phone starts ringing. Queen<3 I see on the screen. "Why is she calling me?" I ask, my hope turning back just a little bit. "Just pick up the damn phone!" Nell yells.

"Hi?" I say.

"Hey! Where the hell are you?" she calls.

"In Italy, why?" I lie. She doesn't have to know I'm here for her.

"Liar! I just checked your location and you're in freaking Belgium! And it's true, because I see your car parked here!" she shouts enthusiastic.

Why is she so enthusiastic? She has a new boyfriend, she doesn't need me. And my car is...

"Queen, I think you're going crazy. I'm here at the beach in Ita-"

Just then the bell goes. Damnit!

"Ha! Thats was me, by the way. Now, open the door!" she yells. I sigh and Nell runs to downstairs to open the door. I hang up and lie down.

"OMG! I didn't expect this! Is he here? Where?" I hear her voice saying. I almost let the excitement take over, but remember it'll be done between us in less than an hour.