71. More

-Five months later- Nine months into pregnancy

Nora is fat.

And I love it. It's because of the babies.

We're in bed, cuddling. My head is resting in her lap, close by her belly. She's studying for her final tests, and totally stressing about it.

I just had a surgery, and I'm so tired. My eyes close the whole time, but I want to wait for her to fall asleep. She notices and squeezes my hand. "Go to sleep, baby, I'm almost done. I'll be asleep in a second, you go."

I'm too tired to fight that. My eyes close and I fall asleep, listening to the small heart beats of our little ones.

***

I wake up a few hours later.

When I look at the clock, it's 4 am. And she's still studying. "Queen? I thought you were done studying. What the fuck?"

She starts sobbing. "I don't understand, it's too hard. I'm just stupid," she cries. I soften and take her in my arms. I pick up her book and look at what she's studying.

Human body.

"Hey, hey, stop crying, Queen. I can help you," I whisper. She collects herself and looks up at me. "Really?" I nod and she sits up. "You should have known that, come on, Queen."

She sobs again, but I see she's trying to stop. "I didn't know you would want to help me. Because I have to do it alone on my test too."

I sigh. "Bullshit. Come on, let's start. What do you have to know?"

She smiles up to me. "Thank you."

I smile at her. "Always, Queen. You know that." I give her a kiss on her forehead.

"Now, what do you need to know?" I ask. She shrugs. "The bones," she answer. I wrap my arms around her. "See, that's my specialty. I have a song about it, to let you remember them." She smiles. "You're the best fiancé ever!"

I smile, too.

***

"C'mon baby, you can do this."

She smiles as I give her a kiss. "I'll wait here in the car, okay? I know you can ace it, go for it," I tell her. She nods and gets out of the car.

I watch her as she walks into the building. I know she can do this. We studied, but she already knew them. She was just panicking, so I simply let her test it. Then she was calm again and fell asleep on my chest.

She was adorable.

The exam takes two hours, and I stay parked in the parking spot. Maybe she won't see it, but I know she needs supporting, so I stay. And I sleep a bit.

There she comes. I smile and open the door, but she's stumbling and looking pale. I gasp and get out of the car, running towards her. "Queen? Are you okay?"