28. Diner

"What do you think?" 

I smile with my mouth full of his lasagne. His vulnerability eases and he takes a bite, too. His cooking is delicious and I enjoy it. "I love it." I sigh happily.

His eyes show how proud he is, but his smile is playful. "It's fantastic." he says, but he's looking at me. I wave and he shakes his head, now looking at his plate.

"What do you want to do tonight?" he asks a few moments later. I think for a second. "What about we finish what I started in the dressing room?" I half smirk, half ask. He opens his mouth to protest, but I saw it coming. 

"Stan, I'm okay. You don't have to pretend you don't want it because you think I don't like it. That moment from this afternoon was nothing, I'm just a little emotional the last time." I say, a little embarrassed by my last words. He doesn't know I'll have my period tomorrow, and I want to keep it that way.

But he did hear them. "How come?" he asks, taking another bite. My cheeks flush and I stare at my plate. "Queen?" he asks again. "You're pregnant, aren't you? It's okay if you want to keep the baby. And I promise, I'll do whatever I can to support you, to help you. Even if I'm in Italy, it'll be like I'm here."

I stare at him with open mouth and my head is spinning. He's so... understanding. "You... wouldn't mind?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "No, Queen. I believe it's mine, so I will have a mini-Queen. Or a mini-King." he smiles. 

"Um... Stan, it's not what you think. Tomorrow, the evidence of not-being pregnant will come." I say, and it's awkward. His eyes widen en he blushes. "Um... yeah, okay. I meant what I said, though."

I nod and take a bite and look at my plate. "Queen, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Every single women in this world has it, I would be more worried if you didn't tell me. And now I understand why you are so emotional and why you want to do it tonight. But, I'll take care of you. We're gonna watch movies with a lot of chocolate and ice. And I'll warm those pillowthings up for you and I'll cuddle you all the time." he says while he stands up and walk around the table.

 "Really?" I ask and he nods, hugging me. I sigh out of relief. It was awkward, but I'm glad I've said it. 

He smirks before looking me in the eyes. "And if we can't do it for a while, I'll let you in control tonight." I giggle and take his hand in mine. "That's a deal. But first, we'll clean up." I say, pointing to the mess in the kitchen. He nods and starts cleaning. 

In less than fifteen minutes we're done and I take his hands again. Just as we're about to go upstairs the bell rings. I sigh and walk to the door. When I open it, it's Alec. His eyes are red and he looks bad. Really bad.

I gasp and take him in my arms. He starts sobbing and hugs me. This must be really bad, he never hugs me.

"Alec, what happened?" I ask. He looks at me and wipes his tears away. "I... " He falls silent as he looks at the house, especially Nells room. Again, he starts to sob and falls down on his knees.

I realize Alec and Nell are still on a break, and it's a shock for me that Lec can't handle this. "I'll bring you to her room, okay?" I say, helping him stand. His eyes widen and I see sudden panic. "No! No, this was a bad idea. I can't just go in there like nothing happened! I ruined it and now she'll probably have someone else." he sighs, turning around.

His shoulders are slumped as he walks down the path. I know he really likes Nell, but he never had a real relationship and doesn't know how to handle all of this stuff. 

"Alec?" I hear a voice saying, and when I turn around, Nell stands in the doorway. He looks up, his eyes suddenly full of emotion. "Nellie... " he manages out trough his tears, which welled up as soon as he heard her voice.