53. Boyfriend

{Stan}

I don't want her to leave.

I know it's just one night, but still. Think about everything that could happen. The plane could crash and I'll never see her again. Mia makes her cry and then I have to fire that bitch again. Not that that's the problem, but she would get back in. I don't know how she does it.

"Can I help?" I ask her, watching her packing. I'm currently lying on the bed and she's running all the way trough the room.

"No, but entertain me. I'm bored." she groans and I back off a little. Is it that time again?

I open my phone and go to the app. It's callee Flo and so I know when it's that time of the month.

Yep, today it must start. I look up and see her glaring at the drawer. "Queen, do you wanna watch a movie with some chocolate?" I ask and she smiles at me.

"Just, give me two minutes. I just need to pack one more thing." she tells me and I nod. She comes back with a small, white thing. "What's that?" I ask, frowning. It kinda looks like a....

"It's a pregnancy test." she casually says and my heart drops. Omg, is she pregnant?

"You're pregnant?" I almost yell. I jump up in an enthusiastic rush and cup her face in my hands. She looks almost startled. "I- No, I'm not pregnant. It's some activity we'll do on the congress or teambuilding or something..." she mutters and I try to hide my disappointment. I told her I wanted to wait, but... do I want to wait?

"Okay... can we now watch a movie?" I nag. She nods and I intertwine our fingers, leading her to the couch. I pull her onto my lap and she giggles. "I already have some chocolate, but you need to choose the movie yourself." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

Just as the movie starts, it's Twilight again, I remember something. "Oh, don't eat too much chocolate, my parents wanted to meet up in two hours for lunch." I say and she turns around. "You still haven't told them, did you?" she asks and I shake my head. "I wanted to do it in person."

"Okay, screw the movie, I'm gonna dress up." She stands up and leaves me in the living room. The TV is still playing. Yeah, Edward, we know you're 'dangerous' and we don't care, jeez....

"Bella, I'm dangerous-" I shut down the TV. God, such a romcom.

I stand up and walk to the bathroom, where Queen disappeared. She's standing in front of the mirror and doesn't look quite happy. I hug her from behind. "You good?" I frown as she sighs. "I think I'm fatter than last week. Look." She goes over her stomach with her hand. I roll my eyes. Woman...

"You're not fat. You're perfect." I tell her, still hugging her. "Stan, we talked about this. I'm not perfect." she tells me and I sigh. "Fine. Perfect for me." I correct myself and she giggles, turning around.

"Let's go surprise your parents."

*******

"Hey, guys."

I sit down at their table, feeling nervous. Queen is waiting behind the corner, waiting for the right moment to show up.

"Hey son. What are you so happy about?" Jeez, mom sees everything. I shrug, but can't keep my face straight and smile broadly. "I got a girlfriend."

"Fantastic! What's her name?" mom asks. "Nora." I simply say, even though it's not that normal. They share a look and mom sends me an apologetic smile. "Honey, I know you still love Nora. But she moved on, and you have to too." She picks up my hand in hers.

"But my girlfriend is Nora." I say, and she shakes her head. "Honey, you tell about her every diner, but she moved on." I roll my eyes. "Okay, could you just not expose me like that? She's standing just behind the corner." I glare and mom sighs.