44. Home

{Stan}

Fuck.

I'm so nervous. My hands are sweating, my body is hot and then a few seconds later I'm as cold as ice.

I shake my head and inhale deeply. She makes me crazy.

"Are you coming or not?" she asks and I nod, after which she walks to my room again. Please, please, please let me act normal.

I walk in my room and close the door behind me. I give her a small smile and go lay next to her, just not touching her.

We're laying on out back, staring at the ceiling. The times I lay here alone, wondering what she was doing...

"You know..." I start, but take a deep breath before finishing my sentence. "I hate myself for what I did, Nora. I really do. It was the most stupid thing I ever did." I say, and I feel her move.

Then, her head is above mine. Her blue eyes are filled with worry and her hand goes over mh cheek.

"Stan, don't hate yourself. I don't hate you. Yes, you hurt me, but you apologized and that's enough. Being here with me is enough." Her words make me warm and I pull her on my chest, enjoying the feeling. It's been so long...

"Do you want to stay here or in the guestroom? I can go make it for you-" She interrupts me with a kiss. I kiss her back, trying to show her how much I love her, how much I missed her.

"I'll stay here." she smiles and I give her a broad smile back. She rests her head on my chest and my head is laying in top of hers.

I love this. I love her.

My eyes are starting to feel heavy, but I don't want to sleep. I want to cuddle her asleep, maybe I'll sleep then. Maybe I won't sleep.

But, I close my eyes. They feel so heavy. I can stay awake with closed eyes. "You're cute when you're sleepy." I hear her voice say and my eyes snap open.

"Baby, I'm not sleepy." I lie. I am. I am so tired. "Yes, you are. You're having trouble keeping your eyes open." she giggles. I shake my head.

My body is so tired. My mind is, too. I slept for maybe two hours in the last three days.

My eyes flutter closed again when her hand goes trough my hair. I'm gonna fall asleep. This is not good.

"Baby, you can sleep. I see you're tired." she says concerned. I shake my head and it's hard, but I can open my eyes. She rolls her eyes.

Then she stands up and I start panicking for, what it feels like, the millionth time today. "Where are you going?" I ask, my voice lower than a whisper.

"Just taking a shirt of yours to sleep in. Lay down." she says and I sigh. "Take mine." I beg, but she shakes her head. "It's cold. You don't have to be sick."

I lay down and wait for her to join me. As soon as I feel her warmth, I close my eyes again. "Stan, I can't see this anymore. Go to sleep, you're torturing yourself!" she says, her voice strict.

I sigh. "No. I feel like I should cuddle you asleep, after what I did to you." I explain. She gasps and shakes her head.

"No, you don't have to do that. Just hold me when you fall asleep and I'm happy." she says and I nod. "Okay." My voice sounds so tired.

I close my eyes and relax. Then, I remember something and my eyes shoot open. "What's wrong?" she asks and I look down at her, clinging to my chest. I wrap my arms around her tightly.

"I was wondering.... Can I call you Queen again?" I ask, but I sound so pathetic. She giggles. "Ofcourse you can. That's our petname." she says and my eyes feel too heavy to keep them open.

My arms tighten around her and she moves her head on my chest.

Home.

{Nora}

He's asleep.

The door opens and Nell comes in. I smile at her and she smiles back. Then she takes a glance at Stan and gasps.

"He's sleeping?" she asks and I nod. She gasps again. Then she runs away, the room out.

I frown when she comes back with Alec. His jaw drops when he sees Stan. "He's asleep?" I nod.

"That's... how? I mean... he didn't sleep for three days, Nora. He always does these things. He doesn't sleep for days, so he doesn't funcionate like normal and is so tired, then he sleeps a night. It's his idea for not having nightmares, but it didn't work so well." Alec says. Now I'm the one who gasps.

He... tortured himself to not have nightmares? I look at his sleeping face, he has a smile.

"Which kind of nightmares?" I ask and they look at each other. "They were about me, right?" They nod. I sigh and look at him again.

"He thinks I'm still mad for Italy. He wanted me to fall asleep first, so I feel loved by him. Maybe he didn't want to sleep at all. But his eyes closed the whole time and he faded away." I say and they nod again.

"Yeah, we know. He's always so tired. Maybe it'll get better now." Alec says.

Stan moves his legs and his lips part. He makes happy, sleepy noises and when I intertwine our hands, he smiles broadly. "Queen..." he mumbles.

"You guys are so cute!" Nell melts. I nod. "We'll go. The baby needs some food." Alec grins. Nell giggles and they leave.

Food? Oh. I shiver. Ew. I close my eyes and let myself drift away to sleep.

Home.

{Stan}

I sigh and open my eyes.

Another day of work. But when my vision isn't blurry anymore, I see Queen. I gasp and jump up, out of bed.

Memories of yesterday come back and I gasp again. "You... I have you back?" I ask, confused, and she giggles.

"Oh! You said you loved me!" I yell. She nods, giggling again, and stands up to hug me. "We're gonna live together, too." she says and I hug her back.

The door opens and frustrated, I turn around. Nell is standing there, looking at us. "Yes?" I ask, annoyed by her. "Hey grumpy. Breakfast is ready. Did you sleep good?"

I nod and intertwine Queens and my fingers. We follow my sister to the dining room and I see Alec watching me carefully. "You look better, bro. You didn't fuck my sister too hard, did you?"

My croissant falls back on my plate. With open mouth I look at him, searching for a good answer. Then, I see Nell having trouble with walking.

"No, but you did my sister very dirty." I answer and he laughs. Nell sits on his lap and she laughs too. "Yeah, I did." He shakes his head. Great. That image won't disappear do fast.

Nora sits on my lap too and I hug her. I swear, if you could see my happiness, I would literally light up. "Ahw, look at you all happy." Nell teases. My cheeks go red and I snuggle my face in Noras neck. She giggles and I love the sound of that.

And my lovely sister keeps teasing me. "Are you hiding your face, little bro? Are you shy? There's no need for that. We all know you're happy with Nora, and that you love her. So, show us that face."

I glare at her and give Nora a quick kiss before I begin eating my croissant again. She smiles and now her face is in my neck. Her hot breathing in my neck and her body on my lap asks for much control to not bend her over the kitchen counter, but I'm successful.

"Ow, I feel you're hard, baby." she whispers in my ear.