18. Huh?

a/n You guys are gonna hate me so much for this but idc byeee

With considerable pain between my legs I try to walk as normally as possible through the school hallway.

Unfortunately for me, I look like a limping penguin and everyone knows me.

"What doe she have?"

"I think Stan grabbed her hard last night."

I walk into the classroom with the blush up to my ears. Stan looks at me with an amused smile as I struggle to sit next to him. "Ugh, you always with your good promises. Everyone is watching me." I moan. He grins and shrugs, like 'what can I say?'.

I hear the rest of his group laughing behind me and send a warning look, which silences them. Then I flatten myself against Stan's shoulder and wait for class to begin.

Please let this day be over soon so I can sit on Stan's lap with a tub of ice cream and forget the pain.

*********

The rest of the week with Stan and Nell was wonderful, but today I really have to go home.

My parents are coming for me in a minute and Stan isn't cooperating either. "Can't you stay another week? Or a month? Or forever?" he begs with pitiful eyes. I shake my head and he visibly collapses. "As much as I'd like to stay, honey, I've got to go home someday. But I'll come by again tomorrow, if only until dinner time." I smile to cheer him up. He nods slowly.

Then the bell rings and Stan's father is already on his way. The door flies open and he and my father stare into each other's faces in shock. "What do you want, Devreez?" growls Stan's father. What is happening here? "I've come to get my daughter, Graey. Ah, there you are, Nora. Come on, we're gone."

Before I can say anything to Stan or Nell, I'm pulled through the door and into the car. When I look at the front door it is closed. Huh?

"What just happened?" I ask confused. Dad gives me a death look. "Coincidentally, your boyfriend is the son of Mr. Graey, our enemy. He stole three companies from us." he growls. I did not know that. I know that one Graey brought a lot of trouble, but not that it was Stan and Nellie's father.

*********

"Nell! You'll never believe it!" I scream down the hall.

I quickly run to her locker, where she's messing around. She doesn't look at me. "Nell?" I ask again. Maybe she hadn't heard me? She doesn't look up again. I know she heard me because she lets out an exasperated sigh. "Nellie? Did I do something wrong?" I ask confused. I'm going back to yesterday's events. No?

She closes her locker and walks away. I remain amazed. Maybe Stan knows what's up? I'm going to find him, even if the bell rings. Finally, I find him in the gym, warming up with the rest of his group. In love I keep looking at his muscular arms. His arms holding me tight, hugging me... Lovely.

When I go to him he rolls his eyes and turns his back to me. Wait what? I stand hesitantly. Is there something big going on that I don't understand? Is it me? Finally I go to him and tap his shoulder. I give him my best fake smile.

"Stan, Nell is behaving we-" He interrupts me mid-sentence. "Then she might finally realize what a bitch you are." he snaps. His group starts laughing and my mouth falls open in disbelief. Stan doesn't mean this, he can't mean this.

"Yeah, don't act like you don't know yourself. You're a bitch and you're proud of it. I have nothing but regrets sleeping with you because that was all I wanted. You in my bed, and it wasn't even worth it." he says sharply. Tears are streaming down my cheeks now.

"You... It was just... a trick? You said you loved me... to sleep with me?" I sob. I can't believe it. The past week has been so fun and playful. It's not possible, can it?

"Yes, and I didn't mean it." He walks away and leaves me with my sorrow. Sobbing, I fall to my knees. How is this possible? I really thought he loved me. How could I be so naive? I get up and wipe my tears. He is not worth them.

The rest of the day I avoid him and Nell. I still don't know what Nellie has, but she mustn't come off now.

When I get home I immediately run upstairs and allow myself to turn into a sobbing pile of sadness. All night I cry about Stan. And why?

Because I thought he truly loved me.

********** How is this possible?

Stan and Nell have changed schools. Like from one day to the next? What? Could it be because of me? I hope not.

When I walk down the hall I look like I feel: a walking piece of sadness. I look terrible and don't even have to hide it. Everyone knows I was dumped by Stan. Each one of them warned me and I labeled each one as jealous. Now it's too late. They are right.

Everyone looks at me. Some with a look of compassion, others with triumph. I sigh and sit down alone for lunch. 

My only friends were Stan and Nell and they are gone.

***********

Thoughts?

Pls don't hate me lol

xxx