11. Plans

Stan looks at me scared.

"Um... Promise me you won't get mad." he begs before he says anything else. I look at him strangely. "How can I promise that if I don't even know what's going on?" He looks helplessly across the table. I look to the same side and see Nellie signal to him to tell him. Then she gives me a conspiratorial wink.

"Wait. Nell knows about this?" I ask confused. He nods slowly. Then he sighs deeply and starts talking.

"Remember that night when Nell was acting so weird and you came over and we kissed in front of the door?" He smiles at the memory.

"Well, when you went up, I may have bugged you a bit. And then I heard that you liked me. I thought to myself, 'why doesn't she believe Nell', because I realized I liked you too. I already knew that the night before the first rugby match. That's why I acted so stupid when I found out you were with Max. So, after you were gone, I went to Nellie and told her about my feelings. I asked what to do and she came up with a plan. I explained that plan to the boys and they actually executed it. So that dare was actually Nell's idea. And if you accepted, I was going to tell you about my feelings. So I just did that and now I really hope you don't hit me because this was all a conspiracy."

I look at Nell with split eyes. She sticks her tongue out at me and I roll my eyes. Then I look back at Stan who looks at me with a small heart. I smile and he relaxes. "Pfew. For a moment I thought you were going to be super mad and let me down after all." he sighs. I look at him defiantly. "And what if I tell you to do something now to make it all right?" I grin.

He looks at me thoughtfully for a moment, but then his eyes widen and he nods his head vigorously. "I'm taking you on a date tonight. As romantic as possible. And that's a challenge, because I've never been on a date. Nellie, will you help me? I have a fantastic idea." he says enthusiastically. I smile and Nell nods. "Of course, lil' bro. I ship Storie, so I have to help you." she chuckles. Stan looks at me beaming.

"It's going to be the most legendary date ever! I will behave my best. And you're going to wonder why you ever looked at another boy!" he exclaims. I shake my head laughing. "See first, then believe." I smile.

He leans forward and kisses me. Sultry, calm. Delicious. The boys are yelling, but I can't hear it. My hands run through his black hair and he moans a little. It's a fantastic sound and I'm pulling it again. "Jesus, Nora. Do that again and I'll die from all the flips my stomach does." he whispers. I smile against his lips and do it again.

He lets go of me and hangs backwards lifeless. Eyes closed, tongue at the corner of his mouth. "Hooves! Nora! Did you just kill Stan by kissing him? Jesus, am I glad I cheated on you!" exclaims Max hysterically. I look at him dirty and feel Stan's arms around me protectively. Aaw, he's jealous...

"Alive again?" I joke. He looks at me for a moment and then plays dead again. I run my finger over his lips and a smile plays around his mouth. "We can't go on dates if you're dead." I say with a pout. He quickly sits up again and wraps his arms around my waist again.

I laugh and he agrees. Then he lays his head on my neck. Surprised look at Nell and the boys. What is happening? I mime. Everyone looks confused and puzzled at Stan, who raises his head slightly to look at me.

"What?" he asks when he notices that everyone is looking at him. Nell shakes her head, but the boys look at him as if they don't know him. "Guys, what is it?" Stan asks with a laugh.

"Who are you and what have you done with Stan?" yells Jason.

"Nora! You turn him into a softie!" Mane shouts through it.

Laughing, Stan tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm still the same. I'm just... happy with Nora." he says seriously, after which he tucks his head back into my neck.

The boys roll their eyes when they see who is coming. I turn my head and see the popular bitches coming our way. The first one is the boss, you can see that. When they're with us, they give me a dirty look, then turn to Stan and stand with their backs to me.

"Stan, once you've done this bitch, will you come by again?" she says seductively. My eyebrows shoot up. Stan's eyes narrow.

"Coincidentally, Anne, I'm not going to 'do' this girl. Well maybe, but not for a one night stand. She's my girlfriend and I'm in love with her. So fuck off." he says loudly.

She makes an irritated noise and rolls her eyes. What an attitude.

"Come on, Stan. We both know you don't mean that. She's not worth lying to." She turns to me and I feel uneasy under her mocking look.

"Girl, listen up. I know you're new and don't really understand this yet. Stan here makes you think you're special and then dumps you after 1 night. So if you want to keep your dignity, get up now and go back to your friends who no doubt were also dumped by him." She explains it like I'm a little kid.

I stick out my tongue and Stan smiles softly. Anne looks at me as if she wants to hit me and I duck into Stan's neck. He wraps his arms around me protectively and I feel safe.

Unfortunately for me, Anne won't let me go either and she pulls me by my hair off Stan's lap. It hurts, so I try to resist as little as possible. When I'm one meter away from Stan she lets go of me and sits on his lap herself.

Smiling triumphantly at me, she leans forward and kisses him. I hold my breath. My heart aches when I see them together like this.

Roughly, Stan pushes her away. He gets up and walks towards me. He takes my hand tenderly and looks at me concerned.

"I promise you that everything she said doesn't apply to you. And I didn't kiss her back, really. I just don't know how to tell her I don't want her." he explains.

I pat his cheek soothingly. I'm not mad at him. I'm furious with Anne. Stan sees it and grins. "Go ahead, Queen."

I am only too happy to do that and I walk over to Anne, who is stunned looking at Stan and me. I look at her defiantly and she turns up her nose.

"Listen girl. Me and Stan are together, really together. And there's nothing you can do about it. So stop being pathetic and go back to your friends, who no doubt wish they were me too." I say in the same puny tone as she just did. She walks away angrily and I happily sit back on Stan's lap.

He looks at me admiringly. 'Wow. My girlfriend has spunk.' he says in astonishment. 

I continue to look proudly at him. It's wonderful when he calls me his girlfriend.