40. Okay

"What do you mean?"

I'm anxious for his answer. He sighs and stands up. "Nora, if you can't give me this, then what are you gonna give me in a whole life? A job in an office?" he snaps and I gasp. I stand op too.

"I'm sorry I just want to be with you. I'm sorry I just love you and want to show that to you." I say so sarcastically as I can. He rolls his eyes and I get mad.

"You want to show me you love me, but you can't give me this. This is what I've waited for my whole life, and not even you can take it from me." he says. My eyes widen. "It was your plan for the past few months to study in Italy?" I ask.

He shakes his head and I feel relieved. But then he says, "It was my plan for the past few years! And sorry, I'm not giving that up. Not for anyone. Not even for you."

His words hurt me like a knife and I turn around, so he doesn't see my tears. "You're leaving me for your career?" I ask when I have my emotions under control again. He shakes his head hesitantly.

"No. I want to be with you, but let me just do this." he says and I exhale. "So, if I want to, I can move to Italy?" I ask. I'm not planning to, but I want to hear it out of his mouth.

He looks up, suddenly anxious. "No. No! You won't move to Italy! Not even if you want to!" he says, his eyes mad. "But... why?" My voice is soft.

"Because I want to do this alone. Italy is mine. You, just stay here in Belgium and go study your boring accountancy!" he snaps and I take a step back. Where's the Stan I love and who the hell is this?

"Then I pick America." I say as a joke.

His eyes narrow. "This is not a joke, Nora. I swear to God, if you move to Italy it's over between us." he says calm. Deadly calm. The tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"I don't... want to go to Italy. I want you here, with me. Why can't you study in Belgium?" My voice is lower than a whisper.

"Because, Nora! I've waited my whole life for this and I'm not giving up! I'm gonna take that class and when I'm back here, in four years, then I can stay with you." he explains.

The vein in his head is visible. Mine too, probably. "No. I won't wait four years for you. If you're going to Italy, I will move on with my life here. Without you." I say and his eyes widen.

"No! Fuck, no! You can't just move on! I love you!" he yells. I roll my eyes. "I can and I will. It's not because you'll go follow your dream, I have to wait here four years all alone in my room, sitting here and looking outside while I count the days 'till you're back!" I scream.

"Then I guess we won't work." he says quiet. I gasp. "No! I want to be with you, but not when you're in Italy! Dreams change, you know?" I try to convince him.

He shakes his head. "No. Not mine. I wanted to be a doctor for years, and I'm not giving that up. That college in Italy is the best on I've got in, so you should be proud of me." he snaps.

"I can't. I can't be proud of you when you're leaving me." I sob. He sighs frustrated.

"Nora, I will always choose you. But not over this." He shakes his head. I inhale and hold my sobs in.

"If you're going to Italy, then you chose Italy. That contains we broke up and that I will move on with my life." I say. I don't want it, but maybe I can convince him.

"Okay."

Okay? He gives us up for a study? I nod and go sit on the bed, my back to him. I hear his footsteps and a door opens.

"You know, I really thought this wouldn't end. But if you don't understand this, we won't work. Goodbye, Nora."

The door closes and I start to sob. We're over.

Storie is done.

*********

Thoughts ? <3

Love u

xxx