54. No

No.

No, no, no!

This can't be happening.

With shaking hands, I take the test back in my hands. Positive. I throw it back and start sobbing. Stan won't like this. He'll hate me. He said he wanted to wait until we're married.

"Nora? Come on, girl! We're making a statue with all the tests!" Angelica bangs on my door. "Coming!" I yell, wiping my tears away.

Why did we have have to do this?

I get out and she takes my hand, but gasps as she sees my face. "Is it...?" I nod and she screams. "Oh my god! So exciting!" she yells. She takes my hand and runs to the others.

"Nora is pregnant!" she shouts. Great. Now everyone knows it. They all look shocked. "But... you're 23?" Anna frowns. "I know..." I sigh. "Pregnant from her boss.... what a drama." Mia grins. I try to swallow them, but my tears stream down my cheeks again and I run away.

I sob and sob and sob, but I don't calm down. I grab my head. Angelica sits down next to me and lays my head on her shoulder. "It'll be okay, girl. He loves you." she keeps reminding me of that. "Yeah..." I sigh.

My phone rings. I take it out and see that it's Stan. "What am I supposed to do?" I whisper to Angelica, even though he can't hear me. "Just pretend nothing's going on." she says, then walks away.

I pick up and smile. "Hey baby! Say hello to everybody!" I shift the camera of the phone to my colleagues behind me and they wave.

He smiles. "Hey everybody. Hey Queen. I hope I'm not calling at a bad time or interrupting something?" He frowns. I laugh, what I would have done normally.

"You never interrupt! We're doing another activity in five minutes, so you're calling at the perfect time!" I say. Lies.

His gaze shifts away from the camera for a moment and he nods. Probably Nell or Alec. "Listen, I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow?" I say and he nods. "I love you." His voice sounds soft. Not for long. "I love you too."

I hang up and walk back to the others. Mia glares at me, but Angelica smiles. "Uh..." I clear my throat. "I guess I should go home. It was a nice day, but thank you." I mumbles. Mia rolled her eyes.

"Finally, she can take a hint. That took her long." she grins, not whispering or anything. I swallow my tears and look at her. I'm done with her attitude.

She looks at me with a glace of 'what are you gonna say'. "Actually, Mia, I think you should take a hint. No one here really likes you, they all think you're a bitch. And I'm sure if it wasn't for your connections you would have never got a chance to stay after Stan fired you."

She gasps, then shakes her head with laughter. "Oh, poor girl. You think I stayed because of my connections? No, I stayed because I threatened Stan. I would tell you he slept with me if he did fire me. Ow, oops. I'm so sorry." she smirks.

My jaw drops. This can't be true. Is it true? I look at all the rest, but they just stare at the ground. "It's... true?" I gasp and some of them shrug.

I start sobbing, take my backpack and run away. I hold a taxi and tell the driver to go to the airport.

"One ticket for Belgium, Ostend please." I fake smile and the woman behind the bar glares at me. What did I do now?

"Here, it leaves in fifteen minutes, so go board." she tells me and I run to the gate.

I make it just in time and sit down. The guy next to me smirks at me. "Hello beautiful. How are you?" he asks and I take a good look at him. I gasp. "Max?"

"That's right. How are you?" he smirks and I shrug. "Fine, I think." I groan. "Aw, do you miss me that much?" he grins.

My eyes narrow at his confidence. "No, I'm just on the plane to go back to my boyfriend." I tell him and he cocks an eyebrow. "You have a boyfriend?"

He doesn't sound like he believes me. "Yes. I have a boyfriend." I tell him again and he chuckles. "Aw, you're cute when you want to prove something that isn't real." he chuckles.

I growl at him. "Search him on internet. He just won a Nobel prize." I say and his eyes widen. "You're back with Stan?" he almost yells and now I smirk.

"Yes. Now, can I help you with anything else or do I have time to sleep?" I fake smile and he just stares at me. "I don't believe you." he finally mutters.

I roll my eyes. "Okay. Go trough my messages with him. Go on, you can." I give him my phone and he suspiciously takes it. He scroll trough my texts with Stan and his eyes widen again. His nose shrinks. "Ew. I didn't want to read that." he shivers and gives me back my phone.

Oops. Didn't think about Stans texts earlier this week and I giggle. "Sorry." I apologize. He shrugs and smirks.

"Let me guess what's wrong with you." he says after a few minutes of silence and me thinking how I should tell Stan. I shrug and nod.

"Stan is annoying." Nope.

"I am annoying." Kinda but not so much.

"He cheated?" I don't know yet.

He gasps. "You're pregnant!" he whisper-shouts. My eyes widen. "Is it that obvious?" I whisper, my hands going to my belly. Now his eyes widen. "You're pregnant?!" he yells. Thanks. Very discrete.

I get a few looks and hide my face in my hands. "You idiot." I whisper and he laughs. "They don't know you. Wait. Stan isn't on this plane, is he?" His face goes pale and he looks around. "He would kill me." he mumbles under his breath.

I frown. "Why would he kill you?" His eyes widen and he freezes, looking at me. "Shit. If I tell you this, don't betray me, okay?" he asks and I nod. He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"So, after we broke up, I got a few texts. From an unknown number. They told me to stay away from you. So I did. And now I figure, maybe Stan send those things." he tells me and I gasp.

"He wouldn't do that." I say, but I hesitate. Would he?

Max raises an eyebrow, but I pretend I didn't see it. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

**********

I sigh.

It's just ten p.m. yet, and I'm standing outside Nells house. Should I go in? I don't know how good I can act like nothing happened. However, it did go on the phone call.

I send a text to Nell before my doubts take over.

*************

Hehe Max made his comeback

Do u like him?

Will he come back?

Thoughts? <3

xxx