First mission

(Y/N pov:)

It's been 2 days since we were added into the team and we were told we will have a mission today afternoon. We have to deliver a secret scroll to this nearby village. There isn't much threat to it so it's a D-rank mission, but it will take 3 days on the mission.

I packed my stuff, put on my ninja gear and headed for Naruto's house. His house is in my way to the gates so we had decided to walk together. As I reached his house, he was already waiting for me. We greeted and headed towards the gates.

Sasuke was already there and we waited for our sensei. Few minutes later, there was a puff of smoke and Kakashi sensei stood in front of us.

"I see all of you are here, and the scroll", he takes out the scroll and shows it to us,"is also right here and, we are good to go. Now, this mission is a D-rank mission so we won't have any battles. But, that doesn't mean you can let down your guard. Now, Y/N." He looked at me and i gave him an attentive look, "I know you are a very capable ninja, so, I give this scroll to you to look after. Make sure you keep it safe till we reach the village."

I take the scroll from him and keep it inside my bag, "Yes sensei. I won't let you down."

"Good, that's what I expect from you. Now let's get to the formation." ,he continued. "Y/N, since you have the treasure, you will be in front of everyone. Sasuke and Naruto" ,he looked at them. "You 2 will guard left and right, and I, will stay at the back. Also, if we enter any battle, Y/N, you are to stay right by my side. We can't let anyone get their hands on you. Understood?"

"Yes sensei", we all said in unison.

"Great, let's get going."

We stood in the formation and started heading out. I was infront and took care of all the surroundings as much as I could.

(Kakashi pov:)

They can't get their hands on you because I don't want to see you getting hurt.... I care about all three of you but, you seem to have something in your heart that I wanna explore. This feeling in my heart is since I saw you in the class sitting all quiet. You had this vibe that I felt after a long time and I loved that about you. Even during our first practice, you seemed so mature of your age. I wonder how you grew up to be so beautiful, mature and intelligent.

~sun starts setting~

"Okay, everyone. Let's find a good spot for the tent and spend the night.", I said.

We walked a bit further and found a clear ground a little away from the river. We put up 2 tents, one for the kids and one for me. I started lighting the fire and making food. The kids went to take a dip in the river for a refresh. They came back after some time and we had our dinner. Everyone went to sleep soon after.

I laid on my back, thinking about Y/N. She looked so beautiful under the moonlight. I hope no one tries to touch her or anything in the tent.

Wait! Why did that thought came in my mind?! Am I feeling something for her? Oh no, that's crazy, of course not.

I cursed myself for thinking anything like that for one of my students and fell asleep soon after that.

(Y/N pov:)

A dip in the river after such a long walk feels so heavenly. Naruto becomes such a child when it comes to a swim. He's just jumping and dancing around the water while Sasuke is just sitting on the side not bothering about a thing. True Sasuke.

Coming back to already made food. It's good to have someone elder around. My vision starts getting a little blurry from the tears but Naruto's words snap me back to reality, "Hey Y/N, aren't you gonna come?!"