Investigation

(3rd pov:)

Y/N was asleep with tear stained cheeks in a fetal posture. Her mind wondering around her mother and her love. Her whole day just went by thinking about her mother and Kakashi.

Kakashi, the man whom she loved so much. She always suppressed her feelings and decided to love and protect him from the shadows because him having a relationship with his student would definitely tarnish his reputation as one of the best ninja in the hidden leaf.

Maybe it was the reason that every time he got hurt, it would trigger her to an extent that she would fight anyone. It doesn't matter if he/she is 100 times stronger then her. She took the imprisonment as an opportunity to take a rest and get rid of all the tiredness she had been ignoring for the past 10 days now.

Back at the Hokage's office:

Tsunade has taken her seat as the new hokage and before the ceremony, she wants to take a look at Y/N's case.

"If she was a rogue ninja, she wouldn't consider saving the village from Orochimaru. If she was a rogue ninja, she would be strong enough to actually just run away from the ANBU, but she decided to surrender herself. Something just doesn't add up here!" ,Tsunade was wrecking her brain looking at her file.

"Maybe we should ask the people that are involved here. Mostly including Izumo, Kotetsu, Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki. And maybe other jonins to see if she really could be rogue ninja." ,Shizune suggested.

Tsunade nodded, "Get Izumo and Kotetsu first."

A while later, they both showed up in the office and greeted the Hokage.

"Explain why you two stated that Y/N might be a Rogue Ninja in the jonin council." ,Tsunade said in her calm voice.

"It happened on the day of Lord Third's death. She was heading out of the village with a few men that were not of the leaf village. When we asked her about it, she said she doesn't care if the hidden leaf village burns or prospers. Once she got fully out of the village, I heard her say to the man standing beside her that she wanted to see Lord Third's death. Her voice and tone clearly said she meant it." ,Izumo spoke with no guilt at all.

Kotetsu laid a hidden leaf headband on the desk, "She handed me this as well right before leaving. Whatever she said made us believe that she is a rogue ninja, so we put up the case in the jonin council."

Tsunade nodded, "Alright, anything else you want to add to this?"

They both shook their head and Tsunade let them go. 

"This doesn't look right. Why would she say that? And why did she not fight her father if she didn't want to go with him?" Tsunade paced around the office, "Where is her father right now?"

"In the prison. Y/N had wounded him heavily and stayed at the battlefield to fight the men who came to protect her father. I, with one other ANBU member had taken him to the prison." ,the ANBU said who was standing beside the door.

"And why would she do that if she was a rogue ninja? Any idea where she was before getting out of the village?"

"Yes, she was at training ground 2 with the rest of the team 7 including Kakashi Hatake, Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha."

"Get them to me."

The ANBU nodded and went out. A while later, Tsunade sat on her chair while Naruto and Sasuke got in.

"What happened the day Y/N's father was arrested?" ,Tsunade asked in her calm voice.

"That day...? Hmm....?" Naruto said putting his hand under his chin, "I don't seem to remember anything...."

"Usuratonkachi!" Sasuke shouted at him then looked at Tsunade, "We were training as usual. We decided to take a break and Y/N went to the river to wash her hands and calm the burning due to excess lightning style use. She came back with a few other men, one being her father. When she went away, Guy sensei dropped down a tree with a man dead in his hand. Y/N had to go with her father because we were on the tip of a poisoned arrow. Whatever she did, was to protect the team 7. She can never be a Rogue Ninja!"

"Oh yes! Now I remember everything! After the ANBU took her father, she fought over 200 men that were advancing towards the village. She took all of them down! ALONE!" Naruto said in excitement, "She made that look so easy!"

"When that happened, where were you, Sasuke?" ,Tsunade said with a smile knowing this is going in her favor.

"Naruto stayed with her. Me, Kakashi and Guy sensei went where Lord Third was fighting with Orochimaru." ,Sasuke said in his bored tone.

"So, Guy was with you through that day?" ,Tsunade looked at the ANBU, he nodded and went out, "Thank you. You two can go now."

"Before I go, I just want to say that Y/N killed Manda by herself, then came to fight Orochimaru with us. We had to kill him 6 times, out of which she killed him 3 times. She knew all the secrets of him and had a full plan already in her head." ,Sasuke added and left with Naruto.

"Shizune?" ,Tsunade said laying back in her chair.

"Yes, my lady?" ,she said in a calm voice.

"What do you think? Is she really a rogue ninja?"

"If you ask me, no! I mean, she saved her village from Orochimaru even when she was declared a rogue ninja. And supposedly, dead. If she really was a rogue ninja, she would have left the hidden leaf to shatter into pieces not caring one bit."

"That's what I thought."

"Also, if she really meant that she doesn't care for the hidden leaf, she would have never saved her team 7."

"Good point-" ,Tsunade was cut by a knock on the door.

"Come in." ,she said sitting upright.

Guy sensei with the ANBU came in, "You called me, my lady?"

"Yes. What happened that day? The day when Lord Third died?"

"I was just going to challenge my eternal rival, Kakashi. When I almost reached the training ground, I saw a man pointing his arrows towards him and his team. Kakashi clearly didn't notice anything. He looked a bit deep in his thoughts anyways. So when I got down with the man, Kakashi told me all about Y/N going away with her father. We followed their trail and soon caught up to them. Me, Kakashi, Sasuke and Naruto, we all took care of the other men and Y/N wounded her father. She clearly wanted him to be alive, probably to torture him later. Her father had killed-"

"I know that story. Jiraiya told me about that today. Continue that day."

"Okay, then. After the ANBU took him, Y/N asked us to go help the Third while she fought all the other men advancing towards to village by herself. Naruto stayed to help her when needed. That is all that should be relatable to the current case in hand."

"Thank you, You can go now."

"Thank you, my lady." ,Guy bowed and went out.

(A/N: 41st chapter!! I'm so excited to where this is going and I'm thinking of doing some things after these few more parts. I'll write an entire part regarding it.😊)