Beautiful Morning

~next morning~

(Y/N pov:)

I woke up to a kiss on my forehead. A sweet "good morning, sweetheart" followed and I opened my eyes. I looked up to find Kakashi looking down at me with a smile. I smiled back returning the good morning. I felt something captured in my fist. I looked down to see I had grabbed his shirt in my fist.

His eyes followed mine and he slightly chuckled looking at my fist. 

"You held it before I laid you on the bed." 

He smiled looking at me. 

I slowly pulled back my hand and sat up rubbing my eyes. My smile had gone and slight sadness had taken its place. I pulled my knees to my chest looking at the sheets got lost in my thoughts.

"Hey, it's alright. You don't have to be shy about it. I kinda like it when I'm able to make you feel protected." ,he said sitting up.

I hugged my knees and laid my forehead on them. 

"I used to hold mom like that before sleeping." ,I said in a sad whisper.

I could feel his smile go away and the next thing I felt was his arm around my waist pulling me close to him. He made me lay my head on his chest and he moved his other hand as much as he could to hold me. A small kiss was planted on my head and I gave in. I buried my head deep into his chest and put my arms around his waist trying to stop my crying.

"She wouldn't be happy if she saw you crying like this...." He whispered in my ear, "It's okay to miss her sometimes, sweetheart. She would really be proud of you if she saw you today as the jonin of the hidden leaf."

"And, your girlfriend...." ,I added with a slightly happy voice.

He smiled and kissed my head, "I'm honored."

My sadness turned into a little giggle and I looked up at him. 

He gave me a sweet smile, "You still have a few hours before meeting the Hokage."

I looked at my lap, "I would spend them here."

His grip tightened on me, "I would love that."

My hand reached his shirt and I gripped it again just like I had before. 

I started in a remembering voice, "You know, not only mom....I used to hold dad's shirt too sometimes. And, every time I did that, he would hug me tighter. He....." 

My voice cracked and I paused for a while, "...loved us so much. Everyday went by so happily. Mom and dad and me....a little happy family. Why would he do this to us?" 

I hugged him again and buried my face in his chest, "I'm sorry.....I'm losing control over my emotions."

"It's alright. I'm happy you trust me enough to say all that to me so easily." He kissed my head, "And, as of your dad....no one knows except him. Maybe you should-"

"I'm not asking him anything that might make me look weak in front of him." ,I stated bluntly before he could continue.

"Okay, okay....don't. It's fine. Just don't cry, love. I can't see you cry." ,he said tightening his arm around me.

"Then, give me something that would make me smile...." ,I said in a little happy voice.

He slightly chuckled, "I can't really do it. But, you can take it yourself."

"Happily." ,I smiled looking at him in the eyes.

Sitting straight on his lap and putting my hands around his neck, I slowly got my hand on the side of his neck and turned his face towards mine which was almost laying on his shoulder. My face got closer to his and without a delay, I pulled him into a soft yet deep kiss.

We pulled apart suddenly after a while when we heard the front door opening. 

"Uh-oh..." ,Kakashi said looking at the door of the room. 

I quickly got off his lap making sure his hand doesn't get hurt and sat beside him. He pulled his mask back up.

Naruto's voice came from the door, "I'm here!" 

The door to the room opened and Naruto entered. 

He looked at me in shock, "Hey Y/N, didn't expect you to be here this early."

"It was getting late so, he asked me to stay over for the night." ,I said hiding my blush from the kiss.

He came closer and looked closely at my face. 

"Uh....what's wrong, Naruto?" ,I asked in fear that he might have caught me.

"Kakashi sensei, what did you do to make her cry?!" ,he started scolding Kakashi.

Kakashi tried to remain calm, "She wasn't crying because of me. You can ask her."

"I was just remembering my mom, Naruto. He did not do anything. In fact, he hugged me and let me cry on his shoulder." ,I said holding back Naruto.

He calmed down and sat on the bed, "Okay, I'll let it go. But, only this time!" 

He gave Kakashi a death glare.

"That's enough, Naruto. You should be thanking him not giving him death glares." ,I said turning Naruto's face towards me and pinched his cheeks. 

He giggled and nodded. 

I let him go and stood out of the bed, "I'll go make breakfast for everyone."

I almost went out of the room before turning back around, "Hey, Naruto? Where's Sasuke?"

"Haven't seen him since yesterday. Even today, when I went to his house in the morning, he was not there." ,he said confused.

"That's weird. Maybe he went for early morning training." ,I shrugged and went out. 

I tied my hair up in a bun and started making the breakfast. 

Something healthy and delicious. I don't mean to brag but.... all my food are delicious. 

I giggled at my thoughts.

A while later, Naruto came out of the room and into the kitchen.

"I've changed sensei's bandages and-" He paused and almost screamed excitedly, "That smells delicious!!" 

He came beside me and I giggled, "It tastes even more delicious."

We talked while the food prepared. I served it on three plates. Naruto took his plate and I took the other two. We all went in the room. I placed my plate on the bedside table. I created a flat surface in front of Kakashi and placed his plate on it. I took mine and sat beside Naruto. We all ate while talking and laughing.

"It's about time for you to go, Y/N." Naruto said looking out of the window, "You should go get ready."

"Yeah. I was about to go."  

I took the plates and did the dishes. 

I, then went into the washroom and changed into my ninja gear. 

I came out, wore the extras including my jonin jacket, headband and weapon pouches. I kissed Naruto on his cheek and gave an air kiss to Kakashi without getting caught by Naruto. 

He replied with a wink and a smile. I attached my lightning sword to my back and went out of the window. I ran to the Hokage's office and was just on time.

(A/N: 49th Chapter!! 1K+ reads and 100+ votes, baby!! Let's gooooooo. The book isn't even complete and it already hit the milestones I never expected to hit!!🥳)