Journey to Death

(Y/N pov:)

"I think it's time for me to go now." 

My emotions grew dark again. I stood up, so did the other two and a hand grabbed my wrist.

"You are not going to the hidden sound village. Not with a squad and especially not alone." ,Kakashi said with anger dripping from his voice.

"Oh come on, I didn't say anything about going there." ,I smiled, fake but real. 

Of course, I was going there alone. I had to get something more useful before my own village tries to kill me.

"Then where were you headed alone?"

"Away from here so that you don't get into any trouble." 

Yeah, that's a good lie. Nice one, Y/N.

"Don't lie to me, Y/N. I exactly know what you plan to do."

"Okay, maybe I was thinking of going to the sound village. So what? It's not like I'm gonna get hurt or something." ,I said nervously chuckling.

"You know what relations we have with that village. How can you even think of going there and coming back alive?! It's impossible." ,his tone filled with more and more anger with every word.

I turned my tone to a confident one and removed his hand to take it in mine, "Relax. I'm not of this village anymore. No one will suspect me as a threat. And, even if they do.." I took a pause and averted my gaze away from him, "I'll just say I'm there to serve Lord Orochimaru."

"And they'll just believe you like that....?" ,Inoichi said in thinking voice.

"I'll make them believe." ,I shrugged as if it really wasn't a death wish. 

I know I'm not gonna come back alive. But, I can at least get some valuable information for my village. That would be enough for my duty towards my village.

"Are you really going to agree with her on this topic? I thought you knew better, Inoichi. Stepping into that village as a previous leaf shinobi, it's clearly a death wish. There's no way she's gonna come out alive!" ,Kakashi said to Inoichi. His voice raising with every word.

I gently squeezed his hand making him look at me. I kissed the back of his hand calming him down a bit.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. After all, I was taught by the copy ninja." ,I smiled just after he did and pulled me into a hug.

"Come back in 10 days at maximum. If you don't, I don't care about what happens to me. I'll come get you." 

He kissed my head.

My smile faded a little hoping I come back alive. Part of me knows I won't come back ever. Let alone in 10 days. I still nodded making sure he doesn't get tensed up more. 

"Take care of yourself." ,he said with one last forehead kiss and we parted.

I put on the fake smile I had all the time to keep him relaxed. I waved them goodbye and jumped on the tree to start my journey to death. I took a deep breath and started jumping through trees in a way no one can see me from the gates of the village.

(Kakashi pov:)

"What are we supposed to say to the jonin council?" ,Inoichi asked me as Y/N got out of our sight.

"Simple. I'll volunteer to go for more investigation alone and join her in the sound village." ,I said with a straight face. 

As her sensei, I know she will be alright but as her lover, I can't leave her alone like this. But, I also can't go straight away, it will create suspicion.

We both walked back to the village. No one raised a question to where we were. As we reached to part our ways, he put his hand on my shoulder.

"You don't have to worry about her so much. She's strong enough to come out alive, if not hurt. She will be perfectly fine."

I nodded forcing a smile on my face, "I hope you are right." 

I shook my feelings off for a minute and met eyes with him, "Tomorrow at the meeting, don't let anyone know about your interrogation. I want to go alone to help her. Anyone else will just kill her on the spot."

He nodded and removed his hand, "I know. I won't."

We both said our goodbyes and parted our ways. I went to my house thinking about her all the time. She was smiling but it wasn't convincing enough. She knows the risks of going alone herself. But, she being her just doesn't wanna admit that she will die.

I reached my house, unlocked it and stepped in. With my mind covered in her thoughts, I stepped into the shower. I took a long bath trying to calm myself but it didn't help at all. I got out of the shower and dressed up for the night. After having a bit of dinner, I made my way to my bed.

I laid for hours but couldn't sleep at all. My eyes fell on her photo that sat on the night stand. Her smile was so bright that day. She was so happy to be a part of the team 7. I smiled looking at her cute photo and forced myself to sleep knowing I have to do a lot the next day. The hardest part will be convincing the meeting to let me go alone.

~next morning~

I could only get sleep for two hours but protecting her at all cost was all the reason I needed to be strong. I quickly did my morning routine and headed for the meeting without any other thought. It's day 1 out of the 10 days and by tomorrow, she should reach the sound village. I have to hurry and get to her in the next three days at maximum.

(Y/N pov:)

Day 1 out of the 10 days already?! How can I pull this off....? I haven't even made up a plan yet. I have to come up with something and fast or I will be dead. Well, I will be either way. But still, I gotta hurry. I quickly washed my face and hands in the river and headed back on my journey again.

(A/N: 29th Chapter!! I know it's really late then usual and I'm sorry. New Chapter coming soon! Also, #4 on #sannin !!
This is so great!!😆)