Sensing Something Strange

~next morning~

(Y/N pov:)

I spent the rest of the night thinking about the memories with my mother. How I felt with her, comfortable, safe and loved. That was the last time I felt that.....until last night when Kakashi sensei hugged me tight and kissed my forehead.

I felt Naruto moving, so I quickly shut my eyes and acted to be asleep. False alarm, he's not awake. I won't expect anything else from my little knucklehead. I let out a light sigh.

Oops, that woke up Sasuke. He's awake now and getting up, feels like that. Okay, he's going out of the tent.

"Good morning Sasuke." I hear Kakashi sensei calling out. No verbal answer from Sasuke, what else to expect?

"Can you go wake up Y/N and Naruto?" I can smell our delicious breakfast from here.

I felt Sasuke entering the tent.

"Y/N! Wake up, it's time!", he calls out to me.

I act to move in my sleep before sitting up while rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm awake." I said in a fake sleepy voice.

"Wake him up too." He said in his usual bored tone.

I shook Naruto and he woke up while throwing his legs in the air as if an enemy just came up to him. I knew he was gonna do this so, I had already held his legs before it touched anything around.

"Calm down, Naruto! It's just me!" I said while holding him back. Naruto calmed down after seeing my face and I let him go.

"Loser as always." Sasuke said with a smirk.

"I'm not yet ready for your argument." I said while fake whining.

"Yeah, me neither." Naruto said while yawning,"Let's just pack our bags and go out."

Sasuke had already packed his stuff and went out. We both also packed our left over stuff and packed the tent. The moment I turned my back, I could sense someone looking at me. I ignored it and continued my work. We all sat to eat our breakfast. I was last to sit, and the only place left was beside Kakashi sensei. I slowly walked over and sat down beside him with my breakfast in my hand.

(Kakashi pov:)

It's morning and I couldn't sleep for even a second. Her smile kept me awake. I guess I'll just pack my stuff and make the breakfast for everyone. I still can't get her scent off my nose. It was so sweet.

I had just sat down to make the food when I heard the tent unzip and outcome the Uchiha.

"Good morning Sasuke." I said with a closed eye smile.

He just nodded without looking at me.

"Can you go wake up Y/N and Naruto?" I said while making the breakfast.

He went in and I was hoping for her to be the next face I see in my morning.

A minute later, I can see someone trying to fight for his/her life. That's probably Naruto. Calming down, huh? Y/N! Always knows what to do to keep Naruto sane. Soon, Sasuke comes back out followed by that beautiful girl and no. 1 hyperactive knucklehead.

Both of them starts packing the tent and I can't stop myself from admiring her long shiny black hair. She looks like a goddess in dawn and at sundown.

"Wow." I let out in a little whisper.

Hopefully, no one heard me.

Damn, I have to be careful, what the hell am I doing?! She's my student!

Naruto and Sasuke sat down to eat. I had already finished and Y/N was fixing her stuff. She came and sat beside me, the only vacant spot that I may have done on purpose. I wanted that sweet smell again. I craved for it the whole morning and I was ready to enjoy every second of sitting with her.

The three of them ate and we started heading out back on our journey in the same formation. Y/N being right in front of me. I just want to pull her into a tight hug and never let go.

~reaching the village~

(Y/N pov:)

I know this is not the first time I am visiting this village but, everything seems so different. This house....it has changed so much. It's like a totally different place from what I remember.

Old memories start to come back and I almost start crying. Naruto comes, puts his arm around my shoulder and rubs it.

"Don't worry Y/N, no one will hurt you when I'm with you." He whispers so that only I can hear and gives me an assuring smile.

Naruto walks with his hand around my shoulder the rest of the way till we reach the house of the head.

Only Naruto, me and Lord third know about my past and they have stuck with me through it all. Especially Naruto, he always knew how to cheer me up. No one else can know about this.

We all walk in to the house. Kakashi sensei and the head starts with the conversation while we sit behind. Sensei looks at me and I hand him the scroll. He takes it and gives it to the head. We three sit quietly until we are talked to.

"I need to talk to your sensei in private. You all can stay here or enjoy the market. It will be a while.", the head of the village said with a smile.

We looked at our sensei for permission and he nodded with his closed eye smile.

The head continued, "Your rooms will be open at all times so you can come at any time and get comfortable. We are honored to serve Leaf shinobis." His voice turned cautious, "This village doesn't have any ninja. But, there is this gangster group which can be really deadly at night. Come back before the sun starts setting. In the daytime, they are not much of a threat but take care of yourself on the way."

We nodded and left the room.

"I'm going to my room. I'm not interested in exploring." Sasuke said in his usual tone.

"No problem, me and Naruto will have all the fun!", I said excitedly.

We both head out to the market which was far away from the house so I wasn't worried anymore.

The only thing that worried was that this man had been following us for the past half hour of our exploring. Naruto hadn't notice him. I didn't tell him about it either, he looked so happy so I let him enjoy. A few moments later when we stopped at a shop, that man went past me but I could feel him staring at my neck.

I took care that we went back to the house before sunset without him following us. I felt uncomfortable all night as if that guy knew me somehow.

He looked as if he was maybe a part of the gangster group. But, what would he want from me. And, he stared at my neck. Wait! My birthmark! Was he confirming who I was or was he just fooling around? I have to be careful tomorrow when we head out back to our village.

My head filled with all the possibilities of the incident and I slept before I could solve the mystery of the man.

(A/N: 3rd Chapter! I hope you liked it. Next chapter will answer all your questions! The past of Y/N. The man following her and the gangster group! This is gonna be interesting😁)